NAS working – can’t login to unraid.net (for dashboard access)

HNsr

(I’m noob and very low-tech – I don’t know [and can’t check] my OS version)

Help: I have working NAS setup w/ Unraid (I access and drop files semi-regularly using \\tower in windows), but I can't login to web interface/dashboard on unraid.net (or recover password), get message:

We could not find a member account with that email address. Please try again with other information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

33 minutes ago, HNsr said:

I have working NAS setup w/ Unraid

I assume someone else set this up for you since you couldn't have gotten this far without logging in to the webUI.

33 minutes ago, HNsr said:

get message:

We could not find a member account with that email address.

This message does not come from your server. Are you sure you are accessing the server?

As Squid said, username root, no password, unless whoever set this up for you set a password for root. If for some reason you can't ask them for the password, come back for more advice.

52 minutes ago, Squid said:

The username you want to use is "root".  If you haven't set a password for it, then just press enter on the password line.

The credentials used for the forum have nothing to do with the credentials used for the server

Thank you, Squid. I can't get back to the sign in because it keeps my forum creds logged in (and there isn't a logout in the drop-down). Any trick to clearing my forum account so I can log in to the main Unraid (product) page?

49 minutes ago, trurl said:

I assume someone else set this up for you since you couldn't have gotten this far without logging in to the webUI.

This message does not come from your server. Are you sure you are accessing the server?

As Squid said, username root, no password, unless whoever set this up for you set a password for root. If for some reason you can't ask them for the password, come back for more advice.

Thanks trurl. I set this up months ago, and only use the server via windows folders and dropping/pulling files. Its been so long since I've accessed the Unraid dashboard that I forgot the process. Though I do have a root password scribbled down (that until Squid answered I didn't realize what that was).

Let me back up - what is the simplest way for me to get to a dashboard for my server? Through Unraid's website or is there another option? webUI sounds vaguely familiar but I don't know what or where that is. Unraid won't let me enter 'root' now because I'm logged in under the 'HNsr' forum profile (that I had to create in order to ask for help here). Sorry, not sure I'm making sense.

4 hours ago, HNsr said:

Its been so long since I've accessed the Unraid dashboard

Do you have any SMART warnings on the Dashboard for any of your disks? Do you have Notifications setup to alert you immediately by email or other agent as soon as an issue is detected?

If you'll post your Diagnostics we can take a look and see if you have any problems you don't know about.