Unraid freezing at start of array build

Sour

Hi everyone,

I'm new to unraid and having problems. I'm using v. 6.8.2 I have 4 drives all 12 TB they were fully precleared. 2 parity and 2 it says unmountable no file system (don't know if that makes a difference or not). Do I need to do something about unmountables?

Anyways, the real reason why I'm here. The array starts, I can navigate in unraid for a few minutes and it freezes at 0.4% the server gives me errors on web browser refreshing page. It times out and says taking too long to respond. On main page all drives and info are missing its blank and the animated unraid icon is thinking.

Not sure what other info you might need but hopefully there is a fix for this.

Many thanks!

Sour

3 minutes ago, Squid said:

Does anything appear on the locally attached monitor when this happens?

Um, I think it did but I am not sure. I just shut down and let it sit for 30 secs and started it up and paused array so I could do anything else among the tabs.

Do you need me to look? what am I looking for?

I am learning as I go. Glad there is a community to help Linux ignorant people like myself.

Okay so I started array again and clicked tools and browser said same thing, taking too long to load. Click back and the image is belowfreeze.thumb.png.597436b73f57c6efe9b3c3dd7b3dfa65.png.

everything disappears and not functioning 

Just thought I should mention. This is not a general recommendation:

12 hours ago, Sour said:

Do I need to do something about unmountables?

12 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

You need to format them, next to array stop/start.

For future reference, if you get unmountable disks that you think should have data on them, don't format.

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

Just thought I should mention. This is not a general recommendation:

For future reference, if you get unmountable disks that you think should have data on them, don't format.

HAHA, thanks. I knew they were blank (precleared) before i did any of this.

Just now, Sour said:

HAHA, thanks. I knew they were blank (precleared) before i did any of this.

Many people think you can recover a formatted disk from parity. You can't since parity is updated during the format and agrees the disk is empty after that.

The diagnostics you posted indicate the disks are mounted and the shares have data. And the Array Operations section of the screenshot seems correct.

I wonder if this isn't just a browser problem. Have you tried another browser? Do you have any adblockers that might be interfering?

• Like 1

I tried Microsoft edge browser and no its not browser.

35 minutes ago, Squid said:

Hard to say.  Take a pic next time it freezes.  Something of interest may be there.

there was stuff at the beginning but it went fast and this was the end.

20200319_210944.jpg