Docker vDisk size not showing

1 hour ago, itimpi said:

Have you disabled the Docker service?   You will not be able to change the size of the docker.img file if it is running.

I guess the other question is what makes you think you need to increase the size in the first place?

Yes i have disabled the docker Service and the option is still not showing.

I'm running a unifi video docker, which needs space to save the recordings.

7 minutes ago, Fisker said:

Yes i have disabled the docker Service and the option is still not showing.

No idea then - it shows for me with the docker service disabled.   It does not even require advanced view to be enabled.   Perhaps you need to provide a screenshot of what you are seeing.

9 minutes ago, Fisker said:

I'm running a unifi video docker, which needs space to save the recordings.

The normal way to handle this would be to map the location for saving the recordings to a location external to the docker image - not store the recordings internally to the image.

25 minutes ago, itimpi said:

The normal way to handle this would be to map the location for saving the recordings to a location external to the docker image - not store the recordings internally to the image.

Yea that make sense, i actually thought it did that at first, but it dosen't seems to. I've just used the default path for the docker install.
at the moment it has set a container path and a host path for saving the videos in the settings. In the settings in the docker app (unifi video) it self it has the same path as the container path. Shouldn't the recordings then be saved in the host path? The folder is empty, but i can see that there is recordings in the docker app.

Edit: I'm new to unraid and docker :)

Edited by Fisker
14 minutes ago, Fisker said:

Yea that make sense, i actually thought it did that at first, but it dosen't seems to. I've just used the default path for the docker install.
at the moment it has set a container path and a host path for saving the videos in the settings. In the settings in the docker app (unifi video) it self it has the same path as the container path. Shouldn't the recordings then be saved in the host path? The folder is empty, but i can see that there is recordings in the docker app

this implies that the relevant mapping has not been set up quite right.   f you give more details on exactly what is set up we might be able to spot the problem.

Got the problem with the docker sorted. It was a typo....

This dosn't tho fix the problem that i can't change the docker image size

6 hours ago, trurl said:

Post your docker run command as explained at the very first link in the Docker FAQ pinned near the top of the Docker Engine subforum 

Yeah i know that, but at first this wasn't a docker app/docker run command problem...So thanks for great contribution.

• 3 years later...