Reinstall Docker

Dovaka

My Docker seems totally hosed. It started when I upgraded a container a while ago and it glitched in the middle of it so I reinstalled that container and it worked but the web ui never worked again. I finally sat down today to figure out what was up with it and decided to just trash the container and start over but ive now noticed other things going wrong in Docker. None of my other containers will apply there updates even though the post messages show as successful the upgrade indicators are still there forever I also can no longer load the community applications in.
So at this point theres nothing going wrong that I dont want to chase issues and would rather just trash docker and start over with fresh containers. Ive got backups of the stuff that matters but im not entirely sure how to go about doing it.

47 minutes ago, Dovaka said:

would rather just trash docker and start over with fresh containers. Ive got backups of the stuff that matters but im not entirely sure how to go about doing it.

From Settings--->Docker, disable Docker and then delete the docker.img file.  Recreate the .img file and reenable Docker.

Then go to Apps tab (assuming it now works) and re-install the docker containers from the Previous Apps section.  All of the selected docker containers (you decide which) will be reinstalled with their previous settings.

Edited by Hoopster
1 hour ago, Dovaka said:

so weirdly enough that fixed all the issues except the root one. my transmission vpn container is running in the back but the web interface wont load

Perhaps something is wrong with the appdata folder for that docker container.  Uninstall the docker container and delete its folder under appdata (appdata/transmission or whatever you called it).  You can then reinstall the container (not from Previous Apps) and configure it again starting with a fresh install.

Edited by Hoopster
56 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

Perhaps something is wrong with the appdata folder for that docker container.  Uninstall the docker container and delete its folder under appdata (appdata/transmission or whatever you called it).  You can then reinstall the container (not from Previous Apps) and configure it again starting with a fresh install.

i had deleted the appdata folder for that container since i figured it was messed up

attaching diag zip

tower-diagnostics-20200424-2119.zip

Why have you allocated 40G to docker image? 20G is what I always recommend and should be more than enough unless you have an application misconfigured to write to a path that isn't mapped. Have you had problems filling docker image?

Your appdata and system shares have some files on disk1, and mover can't move them to cache where they belong because mover can't move open files.

Go to Settings - Docker and disable dockers. Go to Setting - VM Manager and disable.

Run mover and when it complete post new diagnostics.