Dockers vanish after every reboot

Hi,

so every time I reboot the server all of the docker containers are gone.

The appdata/config is still there but I need to redownload every docker container each time I reboot the system.

It started happening two weeks ago. Before that everything was working fine.

If you guys need some kind of log please tell me which one because I'm truly at a loss here.

You can find the whole diagnostic file as an attachment. Note that I am currently in the process of redownloading all of the dockers.

Unbenannt.PNG

skynet-diagnostics-20200529-1852.zip

Both the docker and libvirt images were recreated on array start, this means they didn't exist before, this would suggest either the device where they were is missing or they are being deleted before rebooting.

After all is working (or if there is at least one docker installed) reboot and post new diags.

9 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Both the docker and libvirt images were recreated on array start, this means they didn't exist before, this would suggest either the device where they were is missing or they are being deleted before rebooting.

After all is working (or if there is at least one docker installed) reboot and post new diags.

Thanks for the answer. I started the redownload of all the containers before I've posted this and I have an awful connection. It's going to take me a while to do the steps you suggested. I'll post the diagnostics after reboot as soon as I can.

22 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

I think I have found the issue. After rebooting this time everything was still there. 

I suspect the "extend trial license" of Unraid (I wanted to wait before buying, since I'm getting a new connection on Tuesday and with my ISP I'm not sure if they will actually provide an IPv4 address) is responsible. This time I didn't have to extend the license and everything was still there. 

I've attached the diagnostic anyway, just in case.

Array not started skynet-diagnostics-20200529-1932.zip

2 minutes ago, DezzyTee said:

I suspect the "extend trial license" of Unraid (I wanted to wait before buying, since I'm getting a new connection on Tuesday and with my ISP I'm not sure if they will actually provide an IPv4 address) is responsible.

That's very unlikely if not impossible.

It looks like what johnnie said. Your docker image is 30G now. Did you increase its size? Have you been filling it?

20G should be more than enough and if usage is growing you need to fix something, making docker image larger will only make it take longer to fill.

12 minutes ago, trurl said:

It looks like what johnnie said. Your docker image is 30G now. Did you increase its size? Have you been filling it?

20G should be more than enough and if usage is growing you need to fix something, making docker image larger will only make it take longer to fill.

It was originally at 20Gb but I've increased it to 30Gb the first time all of my dockers vanished. I thought it might be due to having it filled about 80% at that time. Right now I have less docker container installed which brought the image usage down to 38% and it is stable without any increase.