Unraid went Kabloowie on me

I've been using Unraid for several months now with no problems but a day or so ago I started getting several errors.  First Sonarr and Plex both had updates pending.  When I tried to do them they got hung up over and over and wouldn't finish.  Then they disappeared from the docker.  I reinstalled them but then couldn't launch their webui.  When I could get Plex to open it stopped matching movies and Sonarr wouldn't download anything new.  I tried deleting the docker image.  Then reinstalled everything but now Sabznbd won't download saying the disk is full.  Plex also seems to have lost its transcoding ability. 

My system log is showing a lot of loop: Write error at byte offset 3722473472, length 4096. and print_req_error: I/O error, dev loop3, sector 7271136.  I'm not sure what that means. 

Log.txt

Your docker image is corrupt. Why have you allocated 40G? Have you had problems filling it? This is usually due to misconfigured docker application(s). 20G should be more than enough and making it larger won't fix anything, it will just make it take longer to fill.

Deleting the docker image didn't seem to fix anything.  I went to settings-docker-enable docker- no.  Then delete image.  Then re-enable docker.  Then I tried to add container.  I tried plex and sonarr.  Both won't install.  They give error.

Error: failed to register layer: ApplyLayer exit status 1 stdout: stderr: archive/tar: invalid tar header

S--f is just home media files.  I set that to cache prefer no now.  I had everything set to prefer yes before.  My cache does look full.  I clicked to enable the mover multiple times and nothing seems to change. 

Like I said I deleted the docker.  I actually did it three times before it seemed to start working.  I think the trick there was restarting the server before reenabling the docker.  Things worked ok for about half an hour then sabzbd started to throw errors and stop downloading. 

watchtower-diagnostics-20200603-2233.zip

Maybe I'm not finding the right help text.  I read the unraid wiki for cache.  I think I've done everything that I'm supposed to do there.

I think I see why you asked me what my stuff folder was.  When I look at what's on my cache there are tons of files from it that never got moved to there proper place.  I had that share set to prefer use cache but I've now set it to 'yes' and engaged the mover.  Nothing seems to be happening right away.  I'll leave it to run while I'm at work and see if it moves the files. 

If not is there a way to manually move these files off the cache?

49 minutes ago, twopossums said:

Maybe I'm not finding the right help text.  I read the unraid wiki for cache.  I think I've done everything that I'm supposed to do there.

I think I see why you asked me what my stuff folder was.  When I look at what's on my cache there are tons of files from it that never got moved to there proper place.  I had that share set to prefer use cache but I've now set it to 'yes' and engaged the mover.  Nothing seems to be happening right away.  I'll leave it to run while I'm at work and see if it moves the files. 

If not is there a way to manually move these files off the cache?

Shouldn't be necessary to move them manually if you have the "Use cache disk" setting correct. See this FAQ for more detailed explanation of that setting:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?do=findComment&comment=537383

As you can see, cache-yes is the only setting that will move files from cache to array. After mover has finished post new diagnostics.

5 minutes ago, Gragorg said:

Maybe post a picture of your share setup.  If cache is set to Yes then mover should move the files.  If VMs or Docker is using those files they will not move.  If this is the case you could disable docker and VMs and then run the mover.

You can see the cfg for every user share in the diagnostics, that is why I asked about that share that was filling cache because it was cache-prefer.

The usual docker/VM things are in the correct shares according to the diagnostics, but it is possible some docker or something could have open files on that other share, such as seeding torrents.

• Like 1

Ok I think I've got it working.  So far so good. 

So I set that one share to use cache yes.  The mover didn't do anything while I was at work.  So I set everything to share and also a few of the files might have been being shared on my DC++ program.  Certainly not all only one of those folders in Stuff was even available to be shared.  But maybe one file was holding everything up.  Ran mover again and it moved everything.  Docker was still acting weird.  So i deleted my docker.  Disabled docker the system then re-enabled docker then reinstalled my containers.  Now everything seems to work.

The only glitch seems to be that both Sonarr and Radarr are saving files one folder up from where they are supposed to.  Meaning they are saving files to media and not movies or tv shows.  I you know a quick fix for that, that would be helpful otherwise I can go through the whole set up for sabzbd again because I can't find where you set that up. 

Thank you for all your help.