How do I setup a Fresh USB but maintain configurations

Hello!

I recently upgraded from 6.6.6 to the most recent version and I could not connect to localhost via the local machine  no matter what I tried. This also consisted of me not being able to remote in via IP like I normally would. I was unable to run a diagnostics on the newest version since I could only run it in the terminal and it didn’t seem to save on the usb drive. I was able to restore to 6.6.6 and everything is running as normal.

My question is, if I setup a new USB with the newest Unraid version, what settings do I need to capture to ensure I dont lose data, dockers, and shares. 

The reason for me needing to update is whenever I try to update a docker that has an 'Update Ready', I receive Data Pulled 0B and nothing downloads which keeps me stuck at the current docker versions I have installed as well as unable to download any new Community Apps.

Any help would be appreciated as well as if this method is the best direction for me to take.

Thank you

Edited by bcpletcher
11 hours ago, bcpletcher said:

not being able to remote in via IP

Do you mean from outside your LAN? Shouldn't do that without VPN.

11 hours ago, bcpletcher said:

The reason for me needing to update is whenever I try to update a docker that has an 'Update Ready', I receive Data Pulled 0B and nothing downloads which keeps me stuck at the current docker versions I have installed as well as unable to download any new Community Apps.

These sound like a problem with your server being able to access the internet. No matter which version you are running if your server can't access the internet, and get reliable DNS lookups, these things will not work.

No, once I updated to 6.8.3 I could not access the server inside my LAN via IP. After loading up the GUI on the local machine, Firefox told me it could not connect to the internet. However after reverting back to 6.6.6 the local machine GUI booted firefox right up into the dashboard.

The server has been able to reach the internet fine for the past year and still can. I am able to use dockers that look out to the internet as well as find community applications. They just wont download updates or download new dockers

Annotation 2020-06-04 102457.png

Edited by bcpletcher

Sorry, looked at your diagnostics again, and you do have flash problems.

Jun  4 03:09:38 Tower shfs: error: get_key_info, 591: Invalid argument (22): get_message: /boot/config/._Plus.key (-3)
Jun  4 03:09:38 Tower shfs: error: get_key_info, 591: Invalid argument (22): get_message: /boot/config/._Trial.key (-3)
Jun  4 03:09:38 Tower shfs: error: get_key_info, 591: Invalid argument (22): get_message: /boot/config/._Basic.key (-3)

You also apparently have 3 different license keys on flash. Which license do you have?

Not sure but don't usually see those in syslogs.

Shutdown, put flash in PC. While there checkdisk and make a backup of the config folder.

Then delete those extra keys in config folder on flash.

Put flash in server, preferably USB2 port, and reboot. Then report results. If still problems post new diagnostics.