New User Desperately Needs Help!!

1 hour ago, Mistress_Mistie said:

I have looked all over but I can not seem to find the /data folder Is this something I create and if so, where do I create it. I am on a Windows PC and using the WebGUI to access my sever. 

10:1 You're running the linuxserver version of Plex which does not include any path mappings for media by default (you have to add them all on the template -> add another path).  Might want to watch this for a decent overview of how docker works

35 minutes ago, Squid said:

10:1 You're running the linuxserver version of Plex which does not include any path mappings for media by default (you have to add them all on the template -> add another path).  Might want to watch this for a decent overview of how docker wo

Ok so this is how one of the guides had me set up Plex

Network Type:  Host

Console shell command: Shell

Privileged: OFF

Host Path 2: /tmp/
Container Path: /transcode

Host Path 3: /mnt/user/{Media}
Container Path: /data

So I would create my folders:

/Movies  

/TV Shows

/ Pictures

......under {Media} Folder? 

I am not sure how I ended up with two Media files. One is just Media the other {Media}. I added the subfolders using the file browser in Windows, then going to Network and to Tower, clicking the {Media} Folder and added /Movies, /TV Shows, /Music, etc. but Media folder has the same subfolders in it as well. Should one of those be deleted? I added a screenshot of the current folders in "Shares."  I will definitely watch the video guide you posted. Thanks

Screenshot Files.png

Screenshot Files2.png

Edited by Mistress_Mistie
Added second screenshot
On 9/5/2020 at 11:12 AM, Mistress_Mistie said:

I have looked all over but I can not seem to find the /data folder Is this something I create and if so, where do I create it. I am on a Windows PC and using the WebGUI to access my sever. 

When you set up the Plex docker, you already configured the data folder.  It's in the Docker template as a container path.

firefox_mqN7PTiIqC.png.54dfc09eca442dd045c55b479916b087.png

So your Docker has these paths configured within the container (my example, not your system)

firefox_26IJnLEVZ3.png.226254d003a11713a5026833fd67fa26.png

So when you're in Plex adding your libraries that you configured with that /data path, you look at these

firefox_C5BqKdnb5I.png.e7d1e95cc0503b18c5e7f12085b7b637.png

Which gets you this

firefox_aWMKHJR5GC.png.d3727c53eaeb9524f287c5de116c34be.png

So you probably want to map your /Media share to /data in the docker template basically like how I have mine displayed.

Then in Plex you can add any subfolders of your Media share as their own library sources... TV shows would be /data/<TV SHOW PATH>, Movies would be /data/<MOVIE PATH>/, Photos would be /data/<PHOTOS PATH>, etc..

Edited by Energen