[SOLVED] - Help!maybe lost partition layout. help pls!

timwf

Dear ALL!

Im new to unraid. today, i was trying to set up the secure boot function in my supermicro motherboard, and was trying to "install factory default keys" and "export secure boot variables", the latter one popup the windows shows "the select a file system", like "acpi(a0341d0, 0)\PCI(14|0)\USB(11,0)\HD(Part1, sig ?)\", something like this, and I just clicked ok, maybe select them all. Finally, when I boot up unraid, my array was started, but the data disks are all "unmountable: unsupported partition layout", and lost all the share folders.

Im wondering if I have already lost all the partition tables or something like that, can I recover all the shares? can anyone please help me out, thanks a lot!

my diagnostics file was attached with this thread, and some screenshot are as follows:

image.png.b5ee6d41c95926a19f54f57d4c35651f.png

image.png.8cb50c7e2fb081a24e9a962643d0d6ae.png

image.thumb.png.5b64954a3417ef3b47b875967c90513f.png

image.thumb.png.dab05d5172e9ed3e9bfb861b4541344e.png

Great Great Thanks!

supervault-diagnostics-20200830-1640.zip

Edited by timwf
problem solved, change the title

Since the partition info is outside parity and can be recreated by Unraid, rebuilding one disk at a time should work, assuming only the partition info was damaged, try this, stop the array, unassign one of the data disks, start the array, if the emulated disk mounts and contents look correct rebuild on top, when done repeat for the other disks, always one at a time.

12 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Since the partition info is outside parity and can be recreated by Unraid, rebuilding one disk at a time should work, assuming only the partition info was damaged, try this, stop the array, unassign one of the data disks, start the array, if the emulated disk mounts and contents look correct rebuild on top, when done repeat for the other disks, always one at a time.

Hi, I have done rebuilding one disk already, and started the array, but instead, the rebuilt disk shows that "Unmountable: No file system", what does this look like? this time the partition layout problem is gone anyway. 

Thanks!

13 hours ago, trurl said:

Did you ever format the disks in the array? You have to let Unraid format a disk before it will have a filesystem.

Hi, I am trying to find a way to format a single disk but can't get the function, cos i got this situation as below:

image.thumb.png.c1aa04a6501fe675c3ba36ebf121caca.png

I am afraid of checking the "yes" and then the unraid will format all the unmountable disks directly. is there any way to format a single one? thanks a lot! 

I think maybe I got the way:

1: stop the array, check the maintenance mode box and start the array;

2: select the first disk and using xfs_repair -v, then i can see the system is recovering my file system, during this process, i can see the original folders;

3: after the xfs_repair is done, i can find the shared folders, and files in it, as well as a lost+found folder, and some coded sub-folders and files;

4: try to unassign this disk, start the array, stop the array, assign this disk, and then start the array again so that i can activate the rebuilding process;

5: now it's being rebuilding, will take about 10 hours

is it a right way to recover the whole system to the original status? after rebuilding, is there still a lost+found folder there, or just all right at the end? 

14 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

That should work but ideally you wouldn't need to run xfs_repair, when you first unassigned the disk as the disk mounting?

not mounting overall, i tried but all disks are unmountable, maybe because i lost the file system, or the partition table? when i looked through the xfs_repair process, it shows that the primary superblock was error, and trying use the second superblock to recover, or something like that, and maybe this is why i can't mount any of disks.

sorry about that, maybe i got some misunderstandings, and i selected the smallest size disk instead of the top one to rebuild 😂

any of these emulated disks could not be mounted correctly at the beginning.  

is there a better way to do this recovering? 

• 2 weeks later...

hi all, finally i restored all the shared folder and got my array back through the way i mentioned up there. maybe it's the stupid way but it works anyway. got a lost+found folder and millions of subfolder and disorder files to tidy up.

but this is a fantastic community and really helps a lot , thank u guys! very much indeed!

• Like 1