All Disks wrong after system migration

Migrating whole system from a Workstation machine with a LSI Dell H310 to a HP ML350p with a onboard P620i 

I have set the card to HBA mode expecting it to pass thru with no issues but on boot and to initialize the array it is showing wrong on every disk.

What are my best steps 

I could use my old HBA card but it will cause the fans to run at high speed being a non HP card.

tower-diagnostics-20200830-2116.zip

Edited by natzzzy9119
add diagnostic

We don't recommend using RAID controllers, this is one of the reasons, doing a new config and re-assigning all the disks should solve the problem, but note that some RAID controllers also interfere with the MBR/partitions, in that case you'll get all unmountable disks, if that happens it can usually be resolved by rebuilding one disk at a time so Unraid can recreate the partitions but you'll run into the same issue if you replace the controller with a different one in the future.

1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

We don't recommend using RAID controllers, this is one of the reasons, doing a new config and re-assigning all the disks should solve the problem, but note that some RAID controllers also interfere with the MBR/partitions, in that case you'll get all unmountable disks, if that happens it can usually be resolved by rebuilding one disk at a time so Unraid can recreate the partitions but you'll run into the same issue if you replace the controller with a different one in the future.

How else am I meant to hook it up not many boards have more than 6 Sata ports in this case 2 and a couple SAS ports 

What I recall seeing when many RAID cards are operated in the HBA mode is that they modify the serial number that the card reports to the server's OS.  Unraid uses the serial number to identify the disk slot each drive is assigned in the array.  Each different RAID card has it own algorithm to do this serial number modification.  So when you swap cards the drives serial numbers are different and Unraid 'thinks' that it has missing drives.  If you have a printout of the old drive assignments and their serial numbers, you can often figure out which disks go where. 

LSI cards in the IT-MODE pass the serial number through without modification. 

2 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

What I recall seeing when many RAID cards are operated in the HBA mode is that they modify the serial number that the card reports to the server's OS.  Unraid uses the serial number to identify the disk slot each drive is assigned in the array.  Each different RAID card has it own algorithm to do this serial number modification.  So when you swap cards the drives serial numbers are different and Unraid 'thinks' that it has missing drives.  If you have a printout of the old drive assignments and their serial numbers, you can often figure out which disks go where. 

LSI cards in the IT-MODE pass the serial number through without modification. 

Yeah its modified it slightly but i can identify them all is there a way to make the system go OH that is the correct array and i can then manually verify it with the parity 

EDIT: Did a new config then mounted all disks and parity drive is now rebuilding

drives.png

Edited by natzzzy9119
image add
How else am I meant to hook it up not many boards have more than 6 Sata ports in this case 2 and a couple SAS ports 

You can use true HBAs like the LSI, that HP is a raid controller, even when in HBA mode, and those can have issues, one of them you just experienced, changing the disks identification, that doesn't mean you can't use it, just should be aware of the implications.

• Like 1