Convert Cache Pool Back to Single Cache?

mbc0

I tried running 2XNVME 1TB Drives as a dual cache pool but suffered terrible performance (yes, tried beta and reformatted to new partition size) 

I would like to go back to a single cache drive to regain the performance but googling/faq does not cover this process only how to remove drives from a pool.  

I am currently left with 1 drive in the cache pool and still suffering poor performance.

image.thumb.png.1a275793ccf283944122548464a199f2.png

image.png.8fc6615875df7358534b79358f9db80d.png

image.thumb.png.6fe5b78710b9015251c087c4bb2cf81a.png

15 minutes ago, trurl said:

What you have is already a single drive btrfs cache pool. You could reformat it as XFS but might not improve performance. How are you measuring that anyway?

Before I had a single cache drive and could copy from my Windows Desktop machine at 1000mb/s over my fibre connection, I wanted redundancy so created a cache pool to get only 230mb/s @johnnie.black suggested trying the beta which I installed, freshly formatted both NVME drives (which each are capable and tested at 3000mb/s and sustained a 1000mb/s speed when used as a single cache or unassigned device from my Windows Desktop) and still only get 230mb/s so to regain my speed I wanted to revert back to a single cache drive.

16 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

I wanted to revert back to a single cache drive

You have a single cache drive as shown in the Balance Status section in that screenshot.

18 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

suggested trying the beta

Seem to remember seeing some thread like that, do you have a link?

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

What is the filesystem of cache on that other server?

BTRFS

1 minute ago, trurl said:

Also, have you tried reducing the number of disks allowed in the pool to only one? (stop the array to see what I mean)

Yes, I have reduced the slots to 1