• Unraid OS version 6.12.0-rc2 available

limetech

Please refer to the 6.12.0-rc1 topic for a general overview.

Version 6.12.0-rc2 2023-03-18

Bug fixes

• networking: fix nginx recognizing IP address from slow dhcp servers
    • VM Manager: let page load even when PCI devices appear missing or are misassigned
    • webgui: Dashboard fixes:
      • lock the Dashboard completely: Editing/moving only becomes possible when unlocking the page
      • An empty column is refilled when the respective tiles are made visible again, no need to reset everything
      • added a visual "move indicator" on the Docker and VM page, to make clearer that rows can be moved now.
      • change cursor shape when moving is enabled
      • use tile title as index
    • webgui: fix issue displaying Attributes when temperature display set to Fahrenheit
    • zfs: fixed issue importing ZFS pools with additional top-level sections besides the root section

ZFS Pools

• Add scheduled trimming of ZFS pools.
    • Replace Scrub button with Clear button when pool is in error state.

Base Distro

• php: version 8.2.4

Linux kernel

• version 6.1.20
    • CONFIG_X86_AMD_PSTATE: AMD Processor P-State driver

Misc

• save current PCI bus/device information in file '/boot/previous/hardware' upon Unraid OS upgrade.
    • Like 12
    • Thanks 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I love the new ZFS options now. But what would have been really nice is if we could make the main array a choice. Like if we wanted to make the main a ZFS array or use unraid array style. Because I hate having to waste a Disc to add to the top array that I wont use. Oh well I should complain because I'm finally getting something I wanted for a while now.

Oh also my top bar seams like its not displaying correctly. like I can barley see my buttons is that because of a plugin by chance?

Edited by Bizquick
    Just now, Bizquick said:

if we could make the main array a choice

It's already been announced that this will change in the near future, once multiple unRAID arrays are supported.

1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

It's already been announced that this will change in the near future, once multiple unRAID arrays are supported.

Sweet that will be nice. I guess for now I'll keep using on my backup box and start transferring data. Then when Offical release is done. I'll load up and hope I can just import my pool. After that then the hard work will start. Figuring out how to move my dockers etc...

3 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Would there be any harm in using the -nvram switch on a VM that didn't "need" it?

Not that I can see from making a "normal" test VM and removing if from command line with the --nvram switch, no error.

17 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Not that I can see from making a "normal" test VM and removing if from command line with the --nvram switch, no error.

Don't know if it will help make it a thing, but could you do a short feature request to at least put it on the radar? Seems like it should be just a quick addition to the GUI.

• Like 1
    1 hour ago, Bizquick said:

I hate having to waste a Disc to add to the top array that I wont use.

Nothing says you can't simply use a flash drive you have kicking around for the array

using Zvol by manually creating it and passing through to a vm seems to work fine. just no way to manage the zvol from the GUI. man im excited for all the zfs features. Thank you all for your hard work

Edited by antihero412
    51 minutes ago, Squid said:

Nothing says you can't simply use a flash drive you have kicking around for the array

Oh wow I never even thought of that. Thats a brilliant idea. I've been using some small 512gig SSD's but with me using my 2 TB size ones for my Cache Drive I really havent had any need for my stack of old 512g's and 240gig ones.

But I really didnt like wasting the stat ports and power. your Idea is much better. Thank you.

10 minutes ago, Manyak said:

After update to 6.12.0-rc2

My Dasboard has this white bar.

208 - THOR_Main - thor.png

Known issue with firefox.  I believe a fix is in for next release

• Thanks 2

Shares:

Can't currently create a share that creates a dataset. Fails silently without a share in the UI or a dataset in the pool. I don't have a cache pool at the moment so can't test if that makes a difference.

It works if I use zfs create pool/dataset at which point I can manage the share in the UI.

ZFS:

Main page seems to always report an unclean system start using the Reboot button on that page.

[Edit]

Removed problems caused by having to use a USB data drive in an old and abused datacentre server

Edited by infidel

RC2 is pretty stable & solid; no issue so far. fyi, I use zfs as a cache pool.

Edited by winglam
    8 hours ago, infidel said:

Can't currently create a share that creates a dataset. Fails silently without a share in the UI or a dataset in the pool.

If there's a space in the name it's a known issue, if there isn't please create a bug report and post the diagnostics after an attempt. 

8 minutes ago, hydkrash said:

Had created my ZFS pool using the zfs plugin, but now after the upgrade, ZFS can't see the pool or the dataset.

I can still see it on the disks, did I miss a step in the upgrade to ensure that my ZFS pool is migrated?

Not seeing any assigned pool, you must create a new pool using the GUI, assign all zpool members, start array to import.

39 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Not seeing any assigned pool, you must create a new pool using the GUI, assign all zpool members, start array to import.

Perfect! Thanks that worked perfectly.

• Like 1

I encountered 1 issue. mover doesn't seem to work. clicked move bottom & grey out, but nothing is being moved.

Edited by winglam
    14 minutes ago, winglam said:

I encountered 1 issue. mover doesn't seem to work. clicked move bottom & grey out, but nothing is being moved.

You'd have to enable mover logging in Settings - Schedules, Mover Schedule, try it again and then create a new thread with your diagnostics

• Upvote 1

I've created a number of shares using zfs create (due to the problem reported above). I've noticed that they're listed under /mnt/pool/ and /mnt/user/ although it's not clear if using one location over another makes any difference.

I was able to rsync 10Tb into the various folders, but since yesterday I've been getting these errors:

rsync: [receiver] write failed on "/path/file": No space left on device (28)

rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at receiver.c(380) [receiver=3.2.7]

rsync: [sender] write error: Broken pipe (32)
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/mnt/user/share/test-directory’: No space left on device

If I use mkdir /mnt/pool/share/test-directory, it works. If I use mkdir /mnt/user/share/test-directory, it works for some shares and not for others.

I've been investigating, and I've found that the shares/datasets that don't give free space errors also appear in /mnt/disk1/ and the ones that don't, don't.

None of the mounts appear in fstab, so can't fix it there. I've tried mkdir /mnt/disk1/share && zfs set mountpoint=/mnt/disk1/share disk1/share. Nope. Tried zfs create disk1/share. Nope again. I don't understand what's going on under the hood there.

Another problem is that it's clear from accessing these shares remotely, that SMB maps to /mnt/user because I also get space errors there, making the shares useless.

I don't know if it's related to how I created the datasets or not.

BTW, there's plenty of free space and no, it's not an inode problem

Edited by infidel
    11 hours ago, infidel said:

I've created a number of shares using zfs create (due to the problem reported above)

Do you have spaces in the shares names? There's a known issue with that.