• Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

eatoff's Achievements


Rookie (2/14)



  1. Haha, you are correct, I have said it many times in this thread but i will say it again.... my apologies.
  2. Apologies, somehow I didnt read that last bit in your post. To keep this thread up to speed, that did work. It now looks like: And i now get: Just FYI, your code says if87.force_id=0x8689, should be it87.force_id=0x8689 Thanks again for all your help ich777 EDIT: I realise I wasn't clear, this setup does work for me. got rid of the lax argument
  3. Just tried this one with no luck This: Also results in this: Using that Workaround in my image does actually work. But according to Frank it shouldnt be needed, so am trying to work with him to get it resolved.
  4. ... really, did I miss that somewhere? what I had in the workaround worked. Do you mean change the workaround from: acpi_enforce_resources=lax if87.force_id=0x8689 to only: it87.ignore_resource_conflict=1
  5. I was sending Frank a PM around driver support for specific hardware, as per his github advice. Doesnt need to be shared with everyone for my specific motherboard. Sorry, It all works now and survives a restart if I use the workaround options in the below screenshot. How i fixed it was by uninstalling the dynamix system temp plugin, rebooting, then re-installing. But according to Frank, I shouldnt need the acpi=lax or the force ID, hence the PM to get this sorted for others with the same hardware. When i get a solution I will share it here.
  6. Yeah, I have rebooted after every change to the sysconfig file. This is my result: This now does have the fans available in the system temp: When i Detect for available drivers, nothing comes up apart from coretemp. Am I going to have to modprobe at startup each time to get this working? Or maybe this was working previously, but i was expecting it to come up with the detect button. I'll admit i didnt check the fan speed options since i saw it wasnt picking up the driver module in the available drivers section. EDIT: After a reboot, I DO need to modprobe it87 otherwise all the sensors disappear on a reboot. Follow up EDIT: REMOVED, modprobe is required after a reboot
  7. Done. Also done. Thanks for all the help ich777.
  8. Just keeping everyone in the loop on this one, @ich777 the legend has added a driver module -
  9. Done this, I had already removed anything from the go file, but changed the syslinux.conf to 8628 Unfortunately, still the same result: Did I have it in the correct place in my first screenshot? straight after "resources=lax"? EDIT FOR CLARITY: I have now tried it87.force_id=0x8628 and it87.force_id=0x8689 with the same result.
  10. I'm running a Gigabyte Aorus B560I, I have set the same parameters as you in the syslinux, but my Dynamix System Temps still only has coretemp. When I run sensors-detect I get this: I had a previous workaround where I added "modprobe it87 force_id=0x8628" to the go file, which gave me the fan speeds, but no fan control. Instead of using force_id=0x8689 should I be using 8628? I cant actually remember where i found 8628, it was some time ago. I figured when looking at the sensors detect showing 8689 then that should be what I used...
  11. Ive been having issues with fan control on my Gigabyte B560, it uses it87, will the update sort some of the issues? What Linux kernel has the updated drivers?
  12. So this one is a bit of an odd one - I can detect the rpm of my fans, and it will spin them up and down when i rum pwmconfig. But if I try manually set the fan speed (command line or script) the fan stays on full speed. I tried the dynamix auto fan plugin, but that spun the fan down to idle and drives heated up very quickly. This is a brand new GIGABYTE B560I motherboard. Some more background, I had to use the workaround listed in this comment here to get the fans to be detected - This is the command I am using to get the PWM set for the fan to stop to check the correlation - "echo 0 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm2" Anyone have any ideas? Logs are attached.
  13. This is a great script, I wish this had been around when i was looking earlier. I was using this one, but found that all drives would be spun up just to check the temperature. This one here - Another request that feel free to ignore, but would be to be able to set an additional temperature monitor and desired temperature range. As in a motherboard temperature, and be able to spin fans based on MB temp or HDD temp, whichever is higher in its range.
  14. First up, great plugin, has definitely reduced the power usage on my server using this plugin and having the drives spun down. Feature request - settings per cache pool. Use case - I currently have 2 cache pools, 1 for general data ingestion, VMs, docker etc, and a second for surveillance footage. I would like to have the criteria for the mover running different between the two caches. the surveillance i just want it to run when its at say 80% full regardless of file age, but on my data cache i want to keep files on there for up to 20 days before moving them off. I get to this odd scenario where the drives will spin up every hour where there is footage there that is more than 20 days old, but the cache is under 80% full. then the drive will slowly fill up, and all data comes off the surveillance cache and its fine again.