We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

New user of Unraid - Boot issues with Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. Z490-A PRO I5 CPU 10400

Greetings friends! Had a lot of issues out of the gate trying to get the above MB to grab an IP. Tried everything online (edit network.cfg....different USB drives etc...etc...) Updated the BIOS since it was about 4 months out of date. No luck...was about to give up and remembered I had an older dual port 1GB Intel NIC in the play box. Disabled the MB and and installed it with both connections to the switch. Instant success - ports bonded fine also. Bought my license and time to play now. 

Anyways....I thought I would just share this on the outside chance someone else may be trying to use this MB or the DEVS could use the info with other Unraid users.....

5 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

I would still advise to start with 6.9. At least because it provides a better SSD formatting.

Updating to 6.9 latter with require to re-do your cache pool.

So.....reload my USB key or upgrade from Unraid? Update....Never mind. I figured it out :) 

But......I would like to know how you added the cool message tag in the bottom of your reply!

Edited by bclinton
3 hours ago, bclinton said:

But......I would like to know how you added the cool message tag in the bottom of your reply!

Go to top of this forum page.  Look for your login name.  Click on the down-arrow for the dropdown box.     Account Settings    >>>   Signature       Now fill in the signature block with the text you want to appear.    Be sure that you have turned on the 'View Signature?  toggle.