(Solved) Unraid not showing share where Plex library is housed, but Plex still works

This is a weird issue and I'm not sure what's going on. Earlier this week I upgraded to 6.9.1 and everything went smoothly. Yesterday I went to access files via SMB and I noticed that a share was not showing up. I went into the Unraid GUI and also do not see it in User shares. Trying to navigate to it in the terminal returns user directory does not exist. All the while, Plex is working just fine.

I have rebooted the server a few times since the problem arose. I have rebooted into Maintenance Mode to no avail.

Let me know what I can provide to help resolve this. Thank you!

Edited by chickpea

I have a share called "User" and in it is my media folder where all the media lives for my Plex library. That's the only share that is missing, yet Plex still functions normally and new shows and movies are able to be added to the library. The share itself is just invisible to me.

10 minutes ago, chickpea said:

share called "User"

Your diagnostics is showing a share anonymized as "u--r" and the diagnostics say it exists on all disks.

Of course, "user" and "User" are different things as far as Linux is concerned, since it is case-sensitive.

Personally, I wouldn't name a User Share "user" since it is likely to lead to confusion. All User Shares are subfolders within /mnt/user, so a User Share named "user" has the path /mnt/user/user, which is likely to lead to mistakes especially when working with the paths at the command line or choosing paths when setting up dockers for example.

What do you get from the command line with this?

ls -lah /mnt/user

6 hours ago, trurl said:

Personally, I wouldn't name a User Share "user" since it is likely to lead to confusion. All User Shares are subfolders within /mnt/user, so a User Share named "user" has the path /mnt/user/user, which is likely to lead to mistakes especially when working with the paths at the command line or choosing paths when setting up dockers for example.

"user " is now a reserved share name in 6.9+, that's the likely reason its not showing up.

• Thanks 1
  • chickpea changed the title to (Solved) Unraid not showing share where Plex library is housed, but Plex still works