(Solved) 6.9 pools harddrive issue

hi

I have several Pools setup under the latest release of unraid, one of the drives in a set of 4 has a bad partition and i would like to just format that drive. Is this possible and please how would i go about doing this?

i believe the pool is Raid 1 but the drive has not been connected properly since i added it to the pool which was after i had been using it for a while, origionally it had 3 drives.

image.thumb.png.36fb79c4a1d0b211a3b85bbf225e6814.pngimage.thumb.png.ebd846a1d7adf637db96d37be6d11e7e.pngimage.thumb.png.4f1c20f79ff9bdfcb5820a7bc97929cb.png

Edited by Joedy

Disk sdq has dropped off-line. It looks like you have cable/controller problems but it's difficult to read your syslog because it's extremely cluttered with this, repeated every few seconds:

Mar 22 21:09:33 BackupServer kernel: iSCSI Login negotiation failed.
Mar 22 21:09:38 BackupServer kernel: Unable to locate Target IQN: iqn.2003-01.org.linux-iscsi.backupserver.x8664:sn.bcd8fdb5bf9c in Storage Node

According to your diagnostics, btrfs pool Hesvfs has only three members, sdg, sdh and sdk, though the GUI thinks there are four. So it looks as though sdq dropped off-line before it could be added to the pool. I'd start by stopping the iSCSI stuff, shutting down, checking the cables, especially to sdq (you've got the serial number in your OP), and also sdn, sdo and sdp, then booting up, starting the array and grabbing new diagnostics. I see you have a Marvell SATA controller, which may be causing problems.

This issue can usually be fixed by doing the following:

-stop array

-unassign the problem cache pool member

-start array

-stop array

-re-assign it to the pool

-start array

This is fairly safe to do but always good to make sure backups are up to date just in case, and if that doesn't work post new diags.

15 hours ago, John_M said:

Disk sdq has dropped off-line. It looks like you have cable/controller problems but it's difficult to read your syslog because it's extremely cluttered with this, repeated every few seconds:

Mar 22 21:09:33 BackupServer kernel: iSCSI Login negotiation failed.
Mar 22 21:09:38 BackupServer kernel: Unable to locate Target IQN: iqn.2003-01.org.linux-iscsi.backupserver.x8664:sn.bcd8fdb5bf9c in Storage Node

According to your diagnostics, btrfs pool Hesvfs has only three members, sdg, sdh and sdk, though the GUI thinks there are four. So it looks as though sdq dropped off-line before it could be added to the pool. I'd start by stopping the iSCSI stuff, shutting down, checking the cables, especially to sdq (you've got the serial number in your OP), and also sdn, sdo and sdp, then booting up, starting the array and grabbing new diagnostics. I see you have a Marvell SATA controller, which may be causing problems.

Thank you for the suggestions will look into it, i have been going through the logs to slowerly fix everything around it as the logs are pretty busy with other stuff, like one of my servers trying to connect to an initiator port that is no longer enabled.

11 hours ago, JorgeB said:

This issue can usually be fixed by doing the following:

-stop array

-unassign the problem cache pool member

-start array

-stop array

-re-assign it to the pool

-start array

This is fairly safe to do but always good to make sure backups are up to date just in case, and if that doesn't work post new diags.

yeah lol backups, making sure they are 100% before i am doing anything. thank you for the suggestions, I have a few things to do before i am ready for that and if it continues after i will be sure to post back her

Thanks for the help

• 3 weeks later...
  • Joedy changed the title to (Solved) 6.9 pools harddrive issue