Chia farming, plotting; array and unassigned devices

Shunz

stupid as in, they didn't change things that needed changing, if you're going to run it in parallel with other farmers.

started looking at the windows sandbox function, to see if that can't be used to run each farmer in its own sandbox, without having to dicker with the config files. probably not though.

starting to wonder, maybe it's the "boot" drive in the machine.

perhaps 12 total databases, getting pounded by all those processes, is a bit too much for an old 250GB SATA2 2.5" 5400rpm rust drive.

might have to break out the spare 500GB SSD I have here, and plug that in, and move the install to that.

think the biggest problem I see with all this, is the conversion of any of these into something useful.

at the end of the day, all these coins need to be turned into the standard bearer of currency across the globe... the all mighty U.S. Dollar.

love it or hate it, but I don't see many places around here taking any kind of coin for payment.  *some* places online will take them, like the bullion stores I shop, but that's it.

here's another brain nugget for y'all...

*IF* you use CLI to start the services, and you KILL the command window you started them in, you'll KILL the coin processes. Sometimes, you can't even KILL the command window, so you task manager DEAD the thing, and all of the sudden everything you've touched in that window, stops working.

poor programming.

Something is up with the setup, if you HDD usage is pegged I think a lot of your issues lie there.

I have none of these issues. Start them up by clicking the icons and it does take a bit for them to scan the plots / sync up and start farming but after that it has run for a week+ without a single hiccup.

All settings are stock as well, have not had to do anything but enter my minomic and the paths to the plots.

Edited by TexasUnraid