Dealings with AmberMicro in WA

teddybareitall

Fellow Unraiders,  be aware that AmberMicro in WA is posting good prices on HDD's but is delivering drives different from what you ordered.  He posts good prices on high end drives but his SKU number is that of a much lesser drive and that is what he delivers.  I have followed his return instructions but am still waiting a week now on getting a return number and so far he refuses to pay return shipping on his mistake or possibly his sales tactics.  I paid 159 for a Wd2002fyps western digital re4-gp 2tb and he shipped an 89$ WD20EADS.  I was willing to keep the drive with a reasonable price adjustment to street prices and he would not consider it.  Buyer beware. 

If they aren't on resellerratings.com with at least a somewhat decent rating... you DO NOT buy from them lol. There's so many shady companies out there that are just there to either rip you off and give you the wrong product (hoping a buyer isn't willing to go through the trouble to resolve it) or just take your money to sit on for a while enabling them to earn interest off it while you try to deal with them. No matter how good the deal is, it isn't worth the risk!

I would always recommend using a Credit Card. Even sometimes when they say to use Pay Pal I pay their Pay Pal with my Credit Card opposed to taking funds directly out of my account.

I do the same. I also get 1% cashback on all purchases, so it's a double win for me :) 

• 2 months later...

We recently ordered a drive from Ambermicro and need to return it but have been completely unsuccessful in trying to reach them.  I've emailed, called and left voice mail, and most recently tried to use their website's 'contact us' form, which returned an error message stating that 'Unable to submit your request. Please, try again later.'  Does anyone have any alternative contact information for this company?? Any info would be appreciated.

Dispute with Paypal or Credit Card company immediately, you will get your return call  ;)

But for being shady, I would tell them if you want it back send a shipping label. Otherwise you will have your money back and whatever it is they sent you.

Archived