Parity-Sync/Data-Rebuild - Pause/Resume button text out of sync with reality.

I replaced a drive and I'm rebuilding.

I've got this rather odd looking display of info on the  Array Operation portion of the Main display:

image.png.736d9775bd5fdb7c97dfc2f36ab7031b.png

It appears that the rebuild has paused, but the button option is to "Pause", not "Resume".

Unfortunately, the current server location is not ideal for airflow, so the new drive got a bit toasty and the Parity Check Tuning kicked in and paused the rebuild based on temp. I'm about 99% sure that I then went in and told it to resume (instead of letting it do so automatically - I know...). Is this to be expected based on my actions?

If I click "Pause", should it change to "Resume" and allow me to manually resume the operation?

I'm getting a fan to improve air flow to help keep the server a bit cooler, so I may disable the Parity Check Tuning's ability to pause the rebuild, since I also want it to complete...

Edited by FreeMan
  • FreeMan changed the title to Parity-Sync/Data-Rebuild - Pause/Resume button text out of sync with reality.
7 hours ago, FreeMan said:

Somehow, the button label has gotten itself out of sync with what's actually happening:

This looks like a bug. Can you make a bug report?

If possible describe the steps you did to come to this situation (I need to replicate for troubleshooting)

19 minutes ago, ChatNoir said:

I am pretty sure it is not a base Unraid feature.

No, this is part of the stock GUI, though if the plugin is installed, it would be good to test without it

If the parity check is paused or resumed by the Parity Check Tuning plugin then the GUI can get out of sync if left on the Main tab until you either do a refresh on the page or navigate away and back.

I would like to fix this with an automated refresh if the GUI is left on the Main page but do not know of any way to achieve this from within the plugin.

7 hours ago, itimpi said:

If the parity check is paused or resumed by the Parity Check Tuning plugin then the GUI can get out of sync if left on the Main tab until you either do a refresh on the page or navigate away and back.

I would like to fix this with an automated refresh if the GUI is left on the Main page but do not know of any way to achieve this from within the plugin.

TBH, it only seemed to get out of sync when I manually resumed the rebuild. I've left the Main page up (mostly) as this has been doing its thing, and it seems to be OK. I'll be sure to leave it up for a while to see if it does get out of sync again.