[Plugin] iSCSI Initiator

ich777

50 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please update the plugin and make sure that you are on version 2022.03.17 and reboot your server.

Everything should now work as expected!

Thank you for the report. :)

Updated and that did fix the problems I was having. Thanks!

I am having a new error now trying to mount one of the targets.  I don't think this necessarily has anything to do with your plugin, but have you seen this error before?

Mar 17 11:07:02 unraid unassigned.devices: Mount of 'sdh2' failed: '$MFTMirr does not match $MFT (record 24). Failed to mount '/dev/sdh2': Input/output error NTFS is either inconsistent, or there is a hardware fault, or it's a SoftRAID/FakeRAID hardware. In the first case run chkdsk /f on Windows then reboot into Windows twice. The usage of the /f parameter is very important! If the device is a SoftRAID/FakeRAID then first activate it and mount a different device under the /dev/mapper/ directory, (e.g. /dev/mapper/nvidia_eahaabcc1). Please see the 'dmraid' documentation for more details. '

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, wraith1385 said:

unassigned.devices

Please create a post in the Unassigned Devices support thread with that error message and also post that this is a device mountet through iSCSI, I think this message can be safely ignored if I‘m not wrong…

14 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please create a post in the Unassigned Devices support thread with that error message and also post that this is a device mountet through iSCSI, I think this message can be safely ignored if I‘m not wrong…

Ok, thanks again for all the help and quick support!  Really appreciate it.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I am trying to connect to another Unraid server where is set up the iSCSI Target plugin.

I'm getting this error:

Apr 16 09:56:38 SERVER kernel: scsi host12: iSCSI Initiator over TCP/IP

Apr 16 09:56:38 SERVER kernel: connection7:0: detected conn error (1020)

Apr 16 09:56:38 SERVER iscsid: conn 0 login rejected: initiator failed authorization with target

Apr 16 09:56:38 SERVER iscsid: Connection7:0 to [target: iqn.2003-01.org.linux-iscsi......, portal: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,3260] through [iface: default] is shutdown.

Any idea? What authorization did this mean?

Never mind. I needed to add the initiator at the target.

Edited by MasterMark
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hello There

I am desperately looking for a way to set up an ISCSI access from UNRAID to my Windows.

A procedure I have done perfectly well on Truenas.
But I can't manage to do the same on UNRAID.

Do you have a procedure? 

Thanks to all

• 7 months later...

seems I can't get my drobo b800i to connect....

Jan  2 10:36:22 RG-SERVER kernel: connection1:0: detected conn error (1020)
Jan  2 10:36:22 RG-SERVER  iscsid: connection1:0 login rejected: initiator failed authorization with target
Jan  2 10:36:22 RG-SERVER  iscsid: Connection1:0 to [target: iqn.2005-06.com.drobo:b800i.tdb1130b0193.id2, portal: 192.168.1.126,3260] through [iface: default] is shutdown.
Jan  2 10:36:25 RG-SERVER flash_backup: adding task: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.my.servers/scripts/UpdateFlashBackup update
Jan  2 10:36:57 RG-SERVER kernel: scsi host43: iSCSI Initiator over TCP/IP
Jan  2 10:36:57 RG-SERVER kernel: connection2:0: detected conn error (1020)
Jan  2 10:36:57 RG-SERVER  iscsid: connection2:0 login rejected: initiator failed authorization with target
Jan  2 10:36:57 RG-SERVER  iscsid: Connection2:0 to [target: iqn.2005-06.com.drobo:b800i.tdb1130b0193.id2, portal: 192.168.1.128,3260] through [iface: default] is shutdown.
Jan  2 10:38:19 RG-SERVER  emhttpd: spinning down /dev/sdc
Jan  2 10:38:24 RG-SERVER  iscsid: semop down failed 22
Jan  2 10:38:24 RG-SERVER  iscsid: iSCSI logger with pid=5250 started!
Jan  2 10:38:25 RG-SERVER flash_backup: adding task: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.my.servers/scripts/UpdateFlashBackup update
Jan  2 10:38:25 RG-SERVER  iscsid: iSCSI daemon with pid=5251 started!
Jan  2 10:38:57 RG-SERVER kernel: scsi host43: iSCSI Initiator over TCP/IP
Jan  2 10:38:57 RG-SERVER kernel: connection3:0: detected conn error (1020)
Jan  2 10:38:58 RG-SERVER  iscsid: connection3:0 login rejected: initiator failed authorization with target
Jan  2 10:38:58 RG-SERVER  iscsid: Connection3:0 to [target: iqn.2005-06.com.drobo:b800i.tdb1130b0193.id2, portal: 192.168.1.126,3260] through [iface: default] is shutdown.
Jan  2 10:39:09 RG-SERVER kernel: scsi host43: iSCSI Initiator over TCP/IP
Jan  2 10:39:09 RG-SERVER kernel: connection4:0: detected conn error (1020)
Jan  2 10:39:10 RG-SERVER  iscsid: connection4:0 login rejected: initiator failed authorization with target

1 hour ago, RGauld said:

connection4:0 login rejected: initiator failed authorization with target

Seems like you have an authorization error between your Target and Initiator.

Please double check if you‘ve set up everything correctly.

Over here I have no issue connection to a Target.

56 minutes ago, RGauld said:

I have double checked my setup...  as far as I know, the Drobo unit I'm trying to connect to has no authorization settings enabled...

The iSCSI initiator running on my windows desktop connects to it just fine, and doesn't require any authorization.

I have now also connected from one Unraid box to another Unraid box which one is the Initiator and one is the Target, I had to only add the IQN to the ACL list from the Target.

Did you add the IQN from the Initiator to the ACL from the Dobro Target?

7 hours ago, RGauld said:

There is no ACL on the Drobo target that I can find...

I‘ve tried to fond a manual for your Drobo but couldn‘t find anything good online.

Make sure the MTU size is set to the same as on Unraid, is the port correct too?

I really can‘t help with that, maybe there is a setting somewhere in your Drobo which is set not correctly…?

As said above, I tested to connect two Unraid instances and it is working perfectly fine even if I change the IQN and connect from my Windows installation to the Unraid Target, of course I had to first disconnect the connection from my Unraid Initiator.

16 minutes ago, SimonF said:

It looks like you have set the unraid IQN to the same name as the drobo 

You are completely right Simon! Didn't even see that, that blue text is really hard to read on a black background or it's just the compression, my monitor or most likely my eyes... :D

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You are completely right Simon! Didn't even see that, that blue text is really hard to read on a black background or it's just the compression, my monitor or most likely my eyes... :D

Yes I didn't see it at first was looking at user guides etc and the target.

• Like 1

I tried it with both...  The first time I left it at the default (iqn.unraid.etc), then changed it to match the drobo unit...  

There isn't a lot of help on the Drobo unit, and it's not ideal....  However, I got it for free, so...  Still would like to figure

out why I can't get Unraid to connect to it, considering the Windows 11 iSCSI initiator connects to it just fine, without

having to change any ACL settings...  MTU is set to 1500, as Windows 11 is, and the port is 3260....  Any other ideas?

1 hour ago, RGauld said:

The first time I left it at the default (iqn.unraid.etc)

Please let it at the default setting, for most people that's appropriate.

1 hour ago, RGauld said:

then changed it to match the drobo unit

This is not common practice and can have some downsides to set the Initiator and Target to the same IQN, this will cause problems.

1 hour ago, RGauld said:

There isn't a lot of help on the Drobo unit, and it's not ideal....

Maybe ask their support.

1 hour ago, RGauld said:

considering the Windows 11 iSCSI initiator connects to it just fine

You've disconnected the Windows 11 iSCSI Initiator first right, multiple connections to one Target are not recommended and will also cause trouble.

1 hour ago, RGauld said:

Any other ideas?

Not really, maybe search the settings if you can somehow protect a LUN by adding a ACL...?

Thank you everyone for your help! I've uninstalled and re-installed the app, which has reset the initiator name back to default.

As for Unraid not being able to connect, it was because the Windows 11 iSCSI initiator was connected...  As soon as I disconnected

it, Unraid connected to it no problem! Problem solved! thanks again for all the help!

Edited by RGauld
  • Like 1

I have a drobopro current works fine in Windows using iscsi.  I would like to hook it up to unraid ( I also have a USB to ethernet adapter that I want to use for drobopro and unraid).  I have no idea how to setup it up.  In Windows, I just connect drobopro ethernet to usb-ethernet and plugged it in Windows and it detected and worked.  No clue how to do in unraid.  Any help would be appreciated - thanks

25 minutes ago, Tun2022 said:

I have a drobopro current works fine in Windows using iscsi.  I would like to hook it up to unraid ( I also have a USB to ethernet adapter that I want to use for drobopro and unraid).  I have no idea how to setup it up.  In Windows, I just connect drobopro ethernet to usb-ethernet and plugged it in Windows and it detected and worked.  No clue how to do in unraid.  Any help would be appreciated - thanks

Just look a few posts above yours, a user also had a Drobo which wasn't working, the issue was that you can't connect two Initiators to one Target.

Set it up as on Windows, enter the IQN, IP and Port, that's all (please don't change the Initiator name).

Keep in mind you first have to disconnect your Windows machine from the Drobo otherwise it wont work!

• 1 month later...