Parity Disk Disabled, unable to clear error, not sure how to proceed any help is appreciated

Varean

1 minute ago, Varean said:

I'm sorry, Diagnostics is general, I was under the impression it was the SMART results of the drive, I think you are looking for the attached below?

syslog.txt 762.37 kB · 0 downloads

Actually is not general in an UnRaid context :)   It is specifically the system’s diagnostics zip file obtained via Tools->Diagnostics that contains a lot more files than the syslog which can help with diagnosing problems.

27 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Actually is not general in an UnRaid context :)   It is specifically the system’s diagnostics zip file obtained via Tools->Diagnostics that contains a lot more files than the syslog which can help with diagnosing problems.

Sorry, I haven't had a point where I needed to upload files, and when I tried to upload the ZIP folder last night it came up with an error, but not when I uploaded a single file. So I just made some bad assumptions.

Tower-diagnostics-20210919-2306.zip

48 minutes ago, trurl said:

Not sure if that is a disk problem, or controller or connection. Which controller is that disk using?

Disable spindown on parity and run an extended SMART test.

Disabled Spin-down, and i'm running the extended test now.

It is using one of the mini SAS 8087 connectors, running on the LSI 2308 that I believe is built into the board.

I have them on SAS to SATA breakout cables

17 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

See here:

Thanks for sharing, when I get a chance i'll have to try this to see if it resolves the issue for me.

Currently running 6.9.2, but as the poster says it might need a firmware update to the drive to fix the issue. 

Do you know if I need to have my Array up in order to perform the steps? Or can I leave it off (I stopped the array as a precaution to avoid further issues)