[support] OBS-NDI

Had to delete and reinstall to get it working.

Where's the option to change the vnc password in the setup?

I'm unable to access the VNC from a 3rd party client? I'm using TightVNC Viewer just "closes gracefully" when I make the attempt.

Couple other things. Might want to consider putting an OBS shortcut on the desktop. You may also want to update the info in the thread's first post.

Thanks for your time/effort. Nice to finally be able to use this.

Edited by scooterbaga
reworded
2 hours ago, scooterbaga said:

I'm unable to access the VNC from a 3rd party client? I'm using TightVNC Viewer just "closes gracefully" when I make the attempt.

Couple other things. Might want to consider putting an OBS shortcut on the desktop. You may also want to update the info in the thread's first post.

I will update the template soon. 

If you like you can add the variable VNC_PW yourself, with it you can overwrite the password.

OBS shortcut is a good point. I will add it in the next version. And also check the external VNC connection.

On 12/22/2022 at 10:15 AM, iForeverNoob said:

Hello, I have two questions with this build.

1. When I try to access the webvnc, I get this screen. What's the difference between the Lite and Full client, and what is the -e for?

image.png.ea1ea6acf0ecca8c574464acbefe44dc.png

2. When I try to pick up my NDI source, I don't see any options. Is there something I'm missing?

image.png.4e4d1c513967ae857536e7bc50101c22.png 

Thank you

The -e should be a "bug" from the base image. 

About the different versions I also haven't found anything usefull. In case I find it, I'll let you know.

2. You have to be in the same subnet. That is also the reason why you have to define a IP for the container.

23 minutes ago, iForeverNoob said:

@patrickstigler would you know the version of NDI that's being used for this docker image? I know that new version of NDI (v. 4.10.0) came out not too long ago which addresses issues with OBS v. 28.0.0+

It seems like to be this version

Screenshot_20221228_203610.png.28ca206c9f933d20127eae3a55b5f22b.png

On 12/27/2022 at 4:23 PM, scooterbaga said:

TightVNC does work for me.

5 hours ago, tj177mmi said:

I'm having the same issue as iForeverNoob.  After updating (and updating all my OBS "endpoints"), my NDI source isn't showing up in the Docker image, but it does show up in a Windows VM that runs from the same Unraid server. 

Also NDI source is not showing up anymore.

Apologies for more issues to the pile...

Hadn't occurred to me until I added the VNC_PW key, but this docker is going to reset the OS/OBS settings on a rebuild. Is that going to happen with every update as well?

Anyone have any suggestions there? I know you can backup OBS settings. Aside from manually saving off directories, is there an easier way? Should we incorporate Syncthing into the OS, or something so we can "backup" these settings?

• 2 weeks later...

How do I use Intel Quick Sync with this instead of Nvidia? I'd like to use my 12th gen iGPU for encoding as it actually has better quality then Turing / Ampere NVENC as shown in eposvox video

Edit: Can anyone confirm if the way to get Intel iGPU as the encoder is to change extra parameters from --runtime=nvidia to --device=/dev/dri?

Edited by hoeman
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 10:15 AM, hoeman said:

How do I use Intel Quick Sync with this instead of Nvidia? I'd like to use my 12th gen iGPU for encoding as it actually has better quality then Turing / Ampere NVENC as shown in eposvox video

Edit: Can anyone confirm if the way to get Intel iGPU as the encoder is to change extra parameters from --runtime=nvidia to --device=/dev/dri?

I've been trying to get this to work but no luck :(

On 2/17/2023 at 1:28 AM, Dirtyrobot said:

I've been trying to get this to work but no luck :(

Actually I got it right, you just have to change extra parameters to --device=/dev/dri and when you spin up the container, open OBS, settings, streaming, advanced, you will see that there's the hardware encoder available for usage. The problem now is that this container seems abandoned by the dev and the latest one has broken NDI implementation where under sources, NDI doesn't even show up. Sigh, it would be nice if @patrickstigler would come back to this.

On 2/23/2023 at 1:53 AM, hoeman said:

Actually I got it right, you just have to change extra parameters to --device=/dev/dri and when you spin up the container, open OBS, settings, streaming, advanced, you will see that there's the hardware encoder available for usage. The problem now is that this container seems abandoned by the dev and the latest one has broken NDI implementation where under sources, NDI doesn't even show up. Sigh, it would be nice if @patrickstigler would come back to this.

Bummer!