flash error.. not sure what caused it?

comet424

can you guys tell me what went wrong..  i didnt unplug the flash drive  but i wasnt able to copy to the array and i checked my server and it was down.. flash drive was corrupt.. so that makes the Array unusable

i have suggestion

if unraid has to run on a usb  it be nice..  only the OS  and the key be on the USB..  and the configs run  on a SSD  so  ur files cant get corrupted...  

another thing i found be nice.. if you put a 2nd unraid  usb in the server to check files.. that unraid doesnt read 2nd  unraid usb as its own.. and ot corrupts things too..  i found that out by accident when i was using it to check with un assigned devices at the time

or another option be

is Unraid could be installed on a SSD    the key only be on the USB   and then only has to be plugged in..

and then unraid just runs on a SSD  and no writting to usb ...  least usbs would last longer too .. this way the OS doesnt break

if the USB breaks..  and if the usb gets unplugged   your OS could say the key is missing please plug back in.. without the OS breaking..

it would still keep running   and u just need to replace the key   or shove it in and out or what not

just a thought

but here is the diagnostic   maybe you can tell me  where it went wrong

unraid flash error.PNG

tower-diagnostics-20211118-1059.zip

Edited by comet424

so i letting it run parity check.. after  this second time it having issues with the flash..  and having to reboot  its gone into parity checking.. so didnt wanna touch it...

i use the detacth attach usb device for home assistant  would that done it?   as i use ESP Home devices to program them  but i only attach  the esp device  nothing else  to home assistant

Nov 19 19:04:16 Tower kernel: usb usb6-port1: over-current condition
Nov 19 19:04:16 Tower kernel: usb usb5-port1: over-current condition
Nov 19 19:04:17 Tower kernel: usb usb5-port2: over-current condition
Nov 19 19:04:17 Tower kernel: usb 5-2: USB disconnect, device number 2
Nov 19 19:04:17 Tower kernel: usb usb6-port2: over-current condition

I'd say it's the flash drive

i dont think i have a usb 2 port anymore  its all 3.0 3.1 on this board

does the over current mean its getting too much power?

i use the bios flash usb port on the motherboard......   

is me using the other ports  causing it to over current...    as it happened again...         maybe  i need to use inside usb port need one of those adapters

i also checked i dont have usb2.0 ports  all ports are USB 3.2 gen ports

there is internal header  for usb 2.0   ill have to see about a cable and make the usb drive inside the case

did it say its over currented again?  if so  i think it might me being using  ESP32 devices on the usb ports on the back of my motherboard.. to program them with ESP Home...  in Home assistant..  i think maybe its drawing too much current?

gonna try to get internal usb cable to port  and hopefully that solves that

tower-diagnostics-20211128-0854.zip

Edited by comet424