6.9.2 Pro - How to disable Ctrl-Alt-Del from rebooting Unraid server?

I've had a couple of vms seem to hang so I pressed the three finger salute to reboot the vm guest and my Unraid server rebooted. 

I did this while accessing the vm from the Unraid server's keyboard, monitor and mouse as I was using pass through for video & sound card.

I did some poking arround in the \etc\inittab config and commented out the line

ca::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t5 -r now

I did edit \etc\inittab via terminal seesion webgui using, nano putting hashmark "#" in front of line

ca::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t5 -r now

I Pressed Ctrl O to save & Ctrl X to exit.

I re-opened nano to verify if my changes were indeed saved and they were saved.

Next I rebooted the server via the webgui and once the server came back, again via nano I opened the inittab config file and there was NO # in front of "ca::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t5 -r now".

What am I doing wrong?

How can I make this a permanent change to the inittab config?

Also, this should disable control alt delete from rebooting the host. But will it still allow a reboot of the VM guest?

Also are there any good reasons for NOT commenting out this line?

Cheers from Nova Scotia & many thanks...

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Settings to the underlying OS do not survive a reboot unless you reapply them at boot time (go file or user scripts).  One of the advantages (and in certain cases disadvantages) since every boot of the OS is effectively a clean install

Not sure what commands or syntax a script would contain to disable Ctrl-Alt-Del. IMHO it would be simpler just to comment out the appropriate line in the inittab config.

Thanks kindly...

41 minutes ago, Vetteman said:

IMHO it would be simpler just to comment out the appropriate line in the inittab config.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Settings to the underlying OS do not survive a reboot

The OS is in RAM, including that inittab config you are wanting to edit so the change won't survive reboot.

The script you need is simply a script that runs at boot time to apply that edit.

2 hours ago, trurl said:

The script you need is simply a script that runs at boot time to apply that edit.

I do not know what the syntax of this script would look like. No idea.

I understand the inittab config is in RAM. But RAM is volatile. So isn't the inittab file loaded from a disk into RAM? Where is this inittab stored at? It must be on the flash drive some where. But I can not seem to locate it.

5 hours ago, Vetteman said:

I understand the inittab config is in RAM. But RAM is volatile. So isn't the inittab file loaded from a disk into RAM? Where is this inittab stored at? It must be on the flash drive some where. But I can not seem to locate it

A fresh copy of Unraid is loaded into RAM from the archives on the flash drives during the boot process and then user settings are applied to that.  The file you mention is part of these archives and thus not accessible which is why you would need a script run at boot time to apply any changes