Docker service failed to start

Greetings all,

I'm a noob so bear with me a little.

My unraid server was down yesterday, so I thought something is wrong with the server itself. I restarted the server and as I was having trouble getting to the GUI after several trials I noticed that the network is down. I've noticed then that the docker service is not working. After investigation I think i've figured out the reason. As I was trying to get the server to work I accidently assigned the SSD drive where the docker image and appdata are to a cache pool. I have that originally as unassigned device. I moved that back to unassigned device and now I have 2 entries within unassigned devices and all the appdata and docker image moved to the newly created folder. I tried to move things back via mv command but it didn't allow me to move anything, then i tried to change location of the docker image in Docker settings, although I could change the docker image location, but couldn't change the appdata folder location as I couldn't navigate to it.

Is there a quick fix to this?

Thanks

Jan  4 16:57:38 MyServer unassigned.devices: Disk with ID 'KINGSTON_SUV500240G_50026B7682181A2E (sdc)' is not set to auto mount.

The unassigned disk your trying to store the docker image on isn't mounted.

Also, can you go to Network Settings and set a static IP address for the server.  You're being spammed massively by some DHCP issues

20 hours ago, Just_Cruising said:

accidently assigned the SSD drive where the docker image and appdata are to a cache pool. I have that originally as unassigned device

Really you would be better off, and everything would be simpler, if you used that SSD in a pool instead of unassigned.

11 hours ago, Squid said:
Jan  4 16:57:38 MyServer unassigned.devices: Disk with ID 'KINGSTON_SUV500240G_50026B7682181A2E (sdc)' is not set to auto mount.

The unassigned disk your trying to store the docker image on isn't mounted.

Also, can you go to Network Settings and set a static IP address for the server.  You're being spammed massively by some DHCP issues

Hi squid, probably i downloaded the diagnostics prior to mounting it, but I tried while it is mounted and no dockers

thanks for pointing that out, I've set a static IP for the server. much appreciated

25 minutes ago, Just_Cruising said:

is it safe to change it to cache pool now? i mean will i keep all the data?

You will keep all the data, but of course you would have to reconfigure Settings - Docker so it is using the paths to the pool instead of the unassigned device, as well as each container that was using a path to the unassigned device.