'user' directory seems to be gone?

Go to solution Solved by sentein,

My server had been up for 18months with no issues. I updated all of my dockers this morning which seemed to go fine. then after starting plex i had it refresh all the meta data. that was going to take forever so i dozed off. i woke up an hour later to not being able to access any of my network shares. Checked my dockers and those were either not loading or said they were empty. Is there some way to figure out what happened here? Unraid is acting like my user directory has been deleted. If i were manually looking for this directory where would i find it? Just trying to salvage this. Would updating unraid to a newer version help at all? 

image.png.690a64750e21cf1a11d8bbb696d89d99.png

• Solution
2 hours ago, itimpi said:

My guess is that the process supporting User Shares has crashed (if you post a copy of your system’s diagnostics we can probably confirm this).    If that is the case rebooting the system will be needed to fix this.

Sorry had to make an emergency run to the vet. Attached is the requested Diagnostic zip. i really hope it is just a crash. If it is not would it hurt anything to reboot it?

Edited by sentein
10 minutes ago, trurl said:

All your disks are mounted and have plenty of data. Your docker configuration has user share paths, so with user shares not working those won't work.

What do you get from the command line with this?

ls -lah /mnt

I probably screwed up your trouble shooting effort. I tried a reboot and got this. VVVVVV . Should i start up the metadata refresh and see if i can get it to crash again or just hesitantly update unraid? last time i tried to stay with the best version of unraid it crippled my system.

image.png.a97671af41b08825bd702389f0a3d361.png

6 minutes ago, Squid said:

Do you have a cache drive assigned in the UI?  You've got a /mnt/cache but there should also be a /mnt/user0 folder.  And that will cause issues if it fills up RAM etc

I have no cache drive. on initial install i tried to run one but it never worked correctly.  

3 hours ago, sentein said:

I have no cache drive. on initial install i tried to run one but it never worked correctly.  

You must have specified a path to /mnt/cache somewhere, probably a container host path such as /mnt/cache/appdata. You must fix that, since without cache, this path is in RAM, won't persist

3 hours ago, Squid said:

And that will cause issues if it fills up RAM etc