"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

Making a small correction (use -17 & oom_adj) and an alternative way of writing (perhaps easier to read and follow)...

# Get current process IDs
emhttp=$(pgrep -f /usr/local/sbin/emhttp)
smbd=$(pgrep -f /usr/sbin/smbd)

# Check the OOM values before the change
cat /proc/$emhttp/oom_score
cat /proc/$smbd/oom_score

# Set UNRAID webserver and SAMBA are never killed off.
echo -1000 >/proc/$emhttp/oom_score_adj
echo -1000 >/proc/$smbd/oom_score_adj

# Check the OOM values after the change
cat /proc/$emhttp/oom_score
cat /proc/$smbd/oom_score

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've installed the latest 1.0.5 yesterday on a v5-rc8 testmachine. I noticed after the initial manual installplg sequence that the icons for smb, nfs etc were colored, but after a reboot, they are grey again... is this a known issue? How do i get those nice colored icons back? Rebooting again does not help...

Also, i've installed squeezeserver, which initially showed up in simplefatures webgui (top line) but after a reboot, it was gone. Do i need a special version of squeezeserver? Which one?

Is there a list with compatible plugins?

Hello guys new so please be gentle. I am having issues accessing simplefeatures GUI. I followed the instruction. copy to /boot/config/plugins folder then reboot. I also tried to install manually, however everytime I type in //tower it goes to the basic UI. I am not a linux expert.

installplg simple-features.core.webGUI-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg

installing plugin: simple-features.core.webGUI-1.0.5-noarch-1

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "si                                      mple-features.core.webGUI-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg" in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on l                                      ine 13

xml parse error

It is a known "race condition" existing in unRAID (it depends on your network settings).

Next version of SF has a workaround to overcome a not ready network condition. It will be released soon.

Meanwhile you can manually install the plugins (telnet into your box and issue the installplg command). Once a package is locally present it is not necessary to download it upon system reboot. In other words a system reboot will work fine...

Thank you very much for the help, I did install it manually and it is now working. I am now on the venture to get sleep working. I installed the plugin but it does not work. I tried to manually set the system to sleep mode wiht echo 3 >/proc/acpi/sleep and i got this error /proc/acpi/sleep: No such file or directory. It maybe because I have a SuperMicro Motherbaord X9SCi which only supports (S1). BTW this is what the error I get when I run the script thru SF.

sh: line 0 echo: write error: No such device.

I've installed the latest 1.0.5 yesterday on a v5-rc8 testmachine. I noticed after the initial manual installplg sequence that the icons for smb, nfs etc were colored, but after a reboot, they are grey again... is this a known issue? How do i get those nice colored icons back? Rebooting again does not help...

SimpleFeatures installs new icons - overwriting the stock ones. This goes together with the "theme" we have chosen for SF.

Also, i've installed squeezeserver, which initially showed up in simplefatures webgui (top line) but after a reboot, it was gone. Do i need a special version of squeezeserver? Which one?

Is there a list with compatible plugins?

Whether a plugin shows up after reboot is not related to SimpleFeatures but to the plugin itself. Check with the creator of squeezeserver how to do the set up.

Thank you very much for the help, I did install it manually and it is now working. I am now on the venture to get sleep working. I installed the plugin but it does not work. I tried to manually set the system to sleep mode wiht echo 3 >/proc/acpi/sleep and i got this error /proc/acpi/sleep: No such file or directory. It maybe because I have a SuperMicro Motherbaord X9SCi which only supports (S1). BTW this is what the error I get when I run the script thru SF.

sh: line 0 echo: write error: No such device.

There is an issue between the current sleep plugin and some browsers. It is corrected in the upcoming version, yeh I keep saying that ;)

You should be able to use the sleep button on the main page. If it is not visible, go to the display settings page and change the setting "Show sleep button" to yes.

You are issuing the now depreciated command, that's why the error message...

SimpleFeatures installs new icons - overwriting the stock ones. This goes together with the "theme" we have chosen for SF.

Whether a plugin shows up after reboot is not related to SimpleFeatures but to the plugin itself. Check with the creator of squeezeserver how to do the set up.

Stock ones? i did a fresh setup of unraid and simplefeatures. After installing 1.0.5 i had colored icons, after the first reboot they were gone. There were no icons prior to installing 1.0.5.

As far as squeezeserver is concerned, simplefeatures provides some sort of plugin structure? WHAT do i have to tell the creater of the squeezeserver plugin he has to build or adapt? A bit more info would be welcome... btw, the squeezeserver plugin i'm using works with the previous version of simplefeatures...

I guess i just have to go back to v5-rc5 then and the former version of simplefeatures... ?

Stock ones? i did a fresh setup of unraid and simplefeatures. After installing 1.0.5 i had colored icons, after the first reboot they were gone. There were no icons prior to installing 1.0.5.

SF overwrites the AFP, NFS, SMB icons (this happens in all versions). Your browser cache is playing tricks on you!. Best is to clear your browser cache after installation.

As far as squeezeserver is concerned, simplefeatures provides some sort of plugin structure? WHAT do i have to tell the creater of the squeezeserver plugin he has to build or adapt? A bit more info would be welcome... btw, the squeezeserver plugin i'm using works with the previous version of simplefeatures...

I guess i just have to go back to v5-rc5 then and the former version of simplefeatures... ?

There is no need for squeezeserver to be integrated into SF. It should be able to run by itself...

SF overwrites the AFP, NFS, SMB icons (this happens in all versions). Your browser cache is playing tricks on you!. Best is to clear your browser cache after installation.

Are you saying that a fresh install of UNRAID contains colored, but unused simplefeature icons, which are then overwritten by gray ones? Really?

Ah ok... too bad, i like the colored ones :)

Squeezeserver problem is solved, i had to place the initial plugin in the plugins folder on the flash and after a reinstall and reboot, it now shows up in simplefeatures, besides the smb, nfs etc icons at the top line and seems to stay there.

You are telling me that you haven't seen these new icons before? We are using them for almost a year already...

And well, we like them ;)

No i never saw THE COLORED ones before. Only the gray ones, also the former simplefeatures had the grey icons so i was pleasantly surprised that with 1.0.5 there were colored ones. At least i thought it was.

I never used the original unraid web interface, i've been using sf from scratch.

So there is no squeezeserver/logitech media server plugin for unraid's v5.0-rc8 plugin architecture?

Now i'm no stranger to programming myself, i think i can figure out how to embed an existing plg/pkg or convert an older type plugin so it gets installed as a rc8 plugin, all i need is some info on HOW a plugin is made... any links?

So there is no squeezeserver/logitech media server plugin for unraid's v5.0-rc8 plugin architecture?

Now i'm no stranger to programming myself, i think i can figure out how to embed an existing plg/pkg or convert an older type plugin so it gets installed as a rc8 plugin, all i need is some info on HOW a plugin is made... any links?

As mentioned by trurl; Limetech created the squeeze box plugin. It is the mother of all plugins...

There is no separate documentation available, but studying and reading the squeeze box plugin (it contains explanations about the different sections) can help you on your way.

I'm really getting frustrated with you guys... just to be clear, the OLD, "mother of all plugins" squeezebox plugin, is NOT compliant with the NEW plugin architecture and is not placed at the bottom of the simple feautures PLUGIN section but at the TOP, in the what is now called "network" section of simple features 1.0.5...

Simplefeatures 1.0.5, as im told, supports the NEW unraid plugin structure that comes with v5-rc8. I need a squeezeserver plugin for that NEW structure so it does NOT show up besides the nfs, smb etc icons like it does now.

I want my plugins, like influencers sabnzb and sickbeard VERSION 5 RC 8 compliant plugins, at the BOTTOM section , with the other plugins... in a separate PLUGINS section.

I dont know how much clearer i can explain it...

the placement of the plugin icon in the settings page is defined by the plugin itself... the unplugged plugins have created their own section (as any plugin could).

the squeezebox plugin uses the network section for it's icon.

there is nothing simple features could do about this...

I'm really getting frustrated with you guys... just to be clear, the OLD, "mother of all plugins" squeezebox plugin, is NOT compliant with the NEW plugin architecture and is not placed at the bottom of the simple feautures PLUGIN section but at the TOP, in the what is now called "network" section of simple features 1.0.5...

Simplefeatures 1.0.5, as im told, supports the NEW unraid plugin structure that comes with v5-rc8. I need a squeezeserver plugin for that NEW structure so it does NOT show up besides the nfs, smb etc icons like it does now.

I want my plugins, like influencers sabnzb and sickbeard VERSION 5 RC 8 compliant plugins, at the BOTTOM section , with the other plugins... in a separate PLUGINS section.

I dont know how much clearer i can explain it...

Well maybe you should study how the plugin structure works, then you will find out that each plugin itself can determine where it wants to place itself, either in an existing section or a complete new section. Sorting sequence can also be indicated by the plugin.

This is an intended design functionality of the GUI, there is NOTHING that SimpleFeatures can change about that !

You either adjust the plugin yourself or you ask the plugin developper to make a modification...

I can't be clearer than that ;)

Having said that, it is both a blessing and a curse to have this freedom in plugin creation. The danger exists that each developper creates his own section, literally cluttering the interface.

Would be an idea that some guidelines (and perhaps default sections) are given by Limetech...

So i've read somewhere in this thread that the main reason for sf 1.0.5 was the new plugin structure that was released with v5.0-rc8 of unraid, and that plugins should comply to that new architecture and should be updated. I guess i've misread or misunderstood then.

So i've read somewhere in this thread that the main reason for sf 1.0.5 was the new plugin structure that was released with v5.0-rc8 of unraid, and that plugins should comply to that new architecture and should be updated. I guess i've misread or misunderstood then.

The reference which was given is that SF version 1.0.5 now follows the unRAID V5 plugin structure, that is using *.plg (XML) files for installation. The "old" system is based on packages which are either loaded during boot up (when placed in /boot/extra) or are installed via the go file (installpkg command).

I guess you misunderstood...

I guess i did. Maybe it should be explained a bit more clearer as well... a lot of information on unraid is hard to find, or unclear or implicit... one of the big drawbacks of the system if you ask me. There shoud me more documentation, also from the 3rd party devs... yeah i know they dont get payed yadayada... and i respect the effort, but a but more and clearer info is not much to ask. its part of developing something...

Forumwise, besides the mostly obsolete unraid wiki there is hardly any sticky info, if you want info on something you have to query the forum again and again and find several different solutions for several different versions. really frustrating. But i guess you allready noticed that ;)

• Squid locked this topic