Driver Parity and not

Unfortunately diagnostics were taken after reboot, so can't see what caused the problem.

SMART for disabled parity2 and disk1 are OK. Emulated disk1 mounts. Since you have dual parity you can rebuild both at the same time to the same disks.

Before rebuilding, check all connections, SATA and power, both ends, including splitters.

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Storage_Management#Rebuilding_a_drive_onto_itself

If you continue to have problems, be sure to get diagnostics while the problem is occurring.

Thanks very much for quick feedback.
For your experience is more better is start to rebuild on it self (after or upgrade the firmware of controller?
obviously after double-checking the wiring and splitters
if you want suggest the particular SATA or power cable it or power supply it would be great.

regarding the Minimum Free space what is the best value?

Thanks again!

upgrade firmware first.

As mentioned, diagnostics were after reboot so no information about what caused it, but of course, parity2 and disk1 had problems, maybe others but no other could be disabled since you can't have more disabled than you have parity. You should check all connections for all disks anyway.

Each user share should have Minimum Free larger than the largest file you expect to write to the share. Unraid has no way to know how large a file will become when it chooses a disk for it. If a disk has less than Minimum, it will choose another. If it chooses a disk and the file won't fit, the write will fail.

my controller should be is 9211-I8, and I understand that my firmware is 20.00.06.00 and the last firwmare is 20.00.07.00

But i cannot found the firwamre for linux, only for MSDOS or Windows.

Could you help me?

BTW, for example if on my shares I had a file of 20 giga (as a bigger file) should I leave 20gb of space on the disk?

edit:

Maybe i found it, it is correct that the installer P20 have a different release? on 20.00.07.00 is only for MSDOS

let me know if right.

Other question if upgrade the controller not lost the data on the disks, right?

image.thumb.png.914ff6c8767a5a5310188f75b99b7e02.png

Edited by krawn

Yes i have reading you link and i stopped array and upgrade with success the controller.

Thanks for your support, before try to rebuild onself i'm turn off the NAS and change the SATA cable and re-check again the power cable.

I let you know after the self rebuild.

22 hours ago, krawn said:

if on my shares I had a file of 20 giga (as a bigger file) should I leave 20gb of space on the disk?

Minimum Free doesn't control how much space is left free on a disk. It controls how much free space a disk must have for Unraid to choose it for a new file.

Some examples

Minimum Free = 20G, disk has 25G free. You write a 20G file. Since disk has more than Minimum, it can be chosen. If it is chosen, the disk will have only 5G remaining, which is less than Minimum, so another disk will be chosen next time.

Minimum Free = 20G, disk has 25G free. You write a 30G file. Since disk has more than Minimum, it can be chosen. If it is chosen, the write will fail because there isn't enough space.

22 hours ago, trurl said:

Each user share should have Minimum Free larger than the largest file you expect to write to the share.

Also note that when replacing a file, the disk that already contains the file will be chosen regardless of free space.

And, Split Level takes precedence over Minimum Free, so if Split Level says a file belongs on the same disk as other files, that disk will be chosen.

Each pool (such as cache) also has a Minimum Free. That controls whether the pool can be chosen for cache-prefer or cache-yes shares. If the pool has less than Minimum, an array disk will be chosen instead (overflow) for cache-prefer or cache-yes shares.

Hi Truri

I undestand that if i copy the file if the the minimum free disk is minor to disk space, the hard disk can be choice for copy but the copy fail because i don't have the sufficient space.

But i don't understand where is need set the configuration to avoid it.

BTW, I rebuild the disk with success.. but the parity disk have the same problem, in attached the new diagnostics 

nas001-diagnostics-20220305-1530.zip

Edited by krawn
  • 1 month later...

yes i use the splitter cable with 4 SATA power connectors.

However today i'm unrack the server and try to change the power supply and post some photos

if you have the specific vendor for the power cable let me know.

Best Regards