Can't access VM settings or VM page on Unraid

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction, my Unraid VM settings is unresponsive, so if I start my array and click on the VM tab it just displays a page without any VMs and if I try and go to the VM settings again a blank page. i think its related to an issue I had with the passed through NIC and somehow may have corrupted. What can I do to restore. I have backups of all the VM's so that isn't a particular issue. Just dont know where to start.

I've attached my Diagnostics

titan-diagnostics-20220312-0950.zip

• 1 month later...

Same issue here. I have 3 VMs running (Debian, Macinabox and Windows Server 2019) and when i go to the VMs tab it loads the Web page, but the VMs list is empty and loads forever. If I try to leave the page, no other page loads as well, making the Webinterface inresponsive.
However, I can still control the VMs from the Dashboard if it decides to load someday.

I found a "fix": abort website loading, open the login url of unraid and sign in again. WebGUI works (as long as you avoid the VMs tab)

Unraid 6.10.0-rc4

image.thumb.png.768efeb1817355ba785abf69bef981c2.pngimage.thumb.png.ab2f6194d6cb2487ab725c21f8002f79.pngtowernas-diagnostics-20220503-0917.zip 

• 1 month later...

This has started happening to me too. Today I tried to start a 3rd VM, the VM would not start and then the VM page and VM settings page become unresponsive. The only way to resolve is to restart the UNRAID host. Just to add, when this happens, all opther VMs, dockers etc are running fine and no other issues. Just the UNRAID UI VM and VM settings page wont load. Logs show nothing out of the ordinary.

I'm running 6.10 latest RC.

• 2 months later...

Add me to the list of people experiencing this issue.

I recently assisted a friend with purchasing a new server and got him onto Unraid. While remotely configuring his brand new server and completely stock installation of Unraid (no plugins, no major configuration changes outside of setting a password), I noted that his VM tab would become unresponsive and load for minutes on end.

Dashboard, Main, Shares, Users, Settings, Plugins, Docker, Apps, Stats, Tools -- all load instantly, but VM tab loads for ages and ages.

The VM's are running fine, they can be remoted into using SSH and RDP, but the VM tab itself just doesn't load.

I've begun to experience this on my own installation of Unraid as well which has been deployed for over a year.

If i wait 5+ minutes the VM page contents appears (with no VM's visible) and i'm left with the Unraid loading symbol in the centre of the screen.

After a few more minutes the VM's appear, but if i try to connect via VNC i get a "Connecting..." screen which i've never seen before.

The only way to "fix" the issue is by rebooting the Unraid host. And again, to be clear, my friend is running a stock installation of Unraid with NOTHING installed on it, not a single docker image or plugin. All i did was create a blank Windows 10 VM with no GPU passthrough or any other advanced settings.

image.thumb.png.3582fdbbe5816795db051c4cfb9155ff.png

image.thumb.png.8c8adf6eb8f0f56296e648bb71bcba61.png

Video:

chrome_qxTOZ8vO4s.thumb.gif.0c3fe56e0ae303adad3437d972981210.gif

Edited by LumpyCustard

As you can see in the gif my adblocker is disabled. 

Clearing cookies does not resolve. 

I note that one of my CPU's cores is permanently pinned once this issue starts:

image.png.5e97143c69e491a0239e3bcd83c4fdac.png

After killing the below highlighted process with the SIGKILL command, the VM tab begins to work properly again.

image.thumb.png.426b9e6b57867d345e6a5aa84832cd1f.png

And after killing it my CPU is no longer pinned.

image.png.bc1b9f613529571fb9047d5a5d12e900.png

Edited by LumpyCustard
  • 1 year later...