504 Gateway Time-out nginx

Go to solution Solved by ocyberbum,

Hello, i just bought unraid and I'm trying to setup my array and i keep getting this error at random "504 gateway time-out) , sometimes i can refresh the page and it will re-connect but eventually  it just stops and i have to power cycle the computer to get access, I was able to save a diagnostic file before it happen  the other day (attached) and i sent one to Lime tech directly through a menu option but I'm not familiar with this software and so I'm looking for away to fix it. i have tried to putty or winscp into the computer to grab a diagnostics but it doesn't connect but i can ping the ip address successfully.  I've tried running this in GUI mode and headless on boot but no difference, i have a screen shot of the monitor after it lost connection today but this was after i was able to preclear 1 - 16tb drive and sync the 16tb Parity and one array drive after running for 2 days and maybe 5-8 GUI quick login checks to see status . I am using preclear to scan my last 16tb drive right now and the light on the drive is flashing like preclear is running but i have no way to check, Does anyone know what the problem could be for me since i see others have had this issue, i have already tried reinstalling unraid on my usb again but made no difference, It does seems to lock up faster the more i use it the gui   

my setup: i have no data on the drives, i am trying to setup the system

4x 16tb WP Arsenal 7200rpm drives (1 Parity, 1 in the Array, 1 is precleared but not added and 1 im trying to preclear now before adding the 2 x16tb to the array)

Dell Optiplex 3070 SFF , i7-9700, 32gb memory 2666 ddr4

4 bay Mediasonic pro connected by eSata cable

1 x 256 ssd M.2 for cache

1 x 2tb ssd for cache (vms and dockers)

1x 32gb PNY usb 2.0 stick for unraid

20220315_181611.jpg

syslog.txt

I rebooted the computer after preclear was done today and download a new syslog and the diagnostic log, i installed some plugins and i also noticed when i booted unraid in gui mode , it just shows the gui main interface for a few seconds then disappears and just shows the unraid background image. if i keep 2 windows open on my desktop, 1 on the syslog and use the other to select menu items if the connection is lost or the browser window freezes where i can not click on any buttons on the gui i can use the other window on syslog to navigate to another tab, this works for awhile but eventually it will go down. I setup a 2nd test unraid server using my dell vostro 3070 tower connected to the same network and ran the Fix common problems app and the big difference is the test unraid doesn't show the error below:

Machine Check Events detected on your serverYour server has detected hardware errors. You should install mcelog via the NerdPack plugin, post your diagnostics and ask for assistance on the Unraid forums. The output of mcelog (if installed) has been logged  More Information

since unraid finished the preclear when the system stop responding through the browser i was thinking of buying and installing a new intel network card or upgrading unraid to the next version 6.10.0-rc3 ?  

i've upgraded to 6.10.0-rc3- nothing changed

and ordered this network card- waiting for card to install

https://www.amazon.com/Gigabit-Ethernet-Converged-Network-Compatible/dp/B074PQWQB5/ref=sr_1_8?crid=10XXHFT3DGXAY&keywords=ethernet%2Bcard%2Bunraid&qid=1647487345&refinements=p_72%3A1248879011&rnid=1248877011&s=electronics&sprefix=ethernet%2Bcard%2Bunraid%2Caps%2C253&sr=1-8&th=1

colossus-diagnostics-20220316-1556.zip syslog.txt

Edited by ocyberbum
update info

Hi there,

Something is definitely amiss with your hardware.  The type of issues you're experiencing are definitely not software bugs, as they would be affecting a much wider group of users if that was the case.  Machine check errors are indicative of physical hardware problems.  Since this is a Dell, I'm assuming it came pre-assembled.  Did you then add a bunch of additional hardware to that base system?  I'm curious if that machine doesn't have sufficient power or cooling to support all that gear.  I wish I had more insights for you, but unfortunately when it's hardware, its very difficult for us to assist, but the first thing I would try is to detach that eSATA solution you're using.  Try without that and see if you can maintain connectivity and stability.  If so, there's your problem.  If not, keep reducing the gear until you get to stability.  If you can't keep the system stable and accessible with any devices attached, that is a strong indication of problems with the underlying electronics.

All the best,

Jon

Jon is of course correct, but it also looks like you're using a reverse proxy (.151) that isn't proxying the php socket for Colossus (.201) properly.  Please do what Jon says, you've got a bananas amount of hardware errors, but when that's fixed, take a look at the proxy.  I have a (mostly) working config for Nginx that I can provide, but ideally Limetech would provide configs for major web servers (sigh)...

Have you run memtest (w/SMP enabled)?

-P

10 hours ago, jonp said:

Hi there,

Something is definitely amiss with your hardware.  The type of issues you're experiencing are definitely not software bugs, as they would be affecting a much wider group of users if that was the case.  Machine check errors are indicative of physical hardware problems.  Since this is a Dell, I'm assuming it came pre-assembled.  Did you then add a bunch of additional hardware to that base system?  I'm curious if that machine doesn't have sufficient power or cooling to support all that gear.  I wish I had more insights for you, but unfortunately when it's hardware, its very difficult for us to assist, but the first thing I would try is to detach that eSATA solution you're using.  Try without that and see if you can maintain connectivity and stability.  If so, there's your problem.  If not, keep reducing the gear until you get to stability.  If you can't keep the system stable and accessible with any devices attached, that is a strong indication of problems with the underlying electronics.

All the best,

Jon

Thank you Jon for the feedback, This computer was a prebuilt i just got and its less than a year old. The dell hardware i added was the esata controller card StarTech (New), and 1= 2tb ssd drive (new) to replace the WD factory drive. I bought 2 new sticks of 16gb memory to upgraded to 32gb, The extrenal mediasonic 4 bay esata i used on my other dell vostro 3470 to run my plex so its older hardware ,it just seems odd that when i was pre-clearing the drives the GUI would freeze but the preclear would finish the task,  

Here are the links to my new equipment:

Memory

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C4LXXCJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

ssd 2tb drive

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003J5JB12?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

my esata card

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00952N2DQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

my 4 sata drives

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08K9964SJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

dell computer
https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/servicetag/0-QTJENEdQYXJhVUpWYTg2ZVlWM2tzZz090/overview

Edited by ocyberbum
updated removed devices
37 minutes ago, pengrus said:

Jon is of course correct, but it also looks like you're using a reverse proxy (.151) that isn't proxying the php socket for Colossus (.201) properly.  Please do what Jon says, you've got a bananas amount of hardware errors, but when that's fixed, take a look at the proxy.  I have a (mostly) working config for Nginx that I can provide, but ideally Limetech would provide configs for major web servers (sigh)...

Have you run memtest (w/SMP enabled)?

-P

Thanks pengrus, The odd thing is i dont know why its using this reverse proxy, 151 vs 201 , I have never messed with that before but i will be interested in finding something i can fix.. 

i have unplugged the esata drives- still no change

i have removed the esata card- still no change

I removed the 2tb ssd -still no change

it passed the mem test

i created another unraid usb (30day trial) and booted- still shows the same errors

i contacted the seller and i was informed that they had upgraded the computer from a i3 to i7 processor 

so im guessing there is a issue with computer processor or motherboard

Edited by ocyberbum
12 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Or, the system was unstable for the previous owner, and they were throwing parts at it until they gave up and sold it.

This is now what I am thinking/ feared, I was hoping for something simple, but I have a vostro 3670 i5 8400 tower also so I'm thinking I can transfer the processor i7 9700 to that since it works great and is rated for that processor. The seller was correct about the computer is still under warranty but since the processor was changed I pretty sure dell will not honor it

https://www.google.com/search?q=vostro+3670+tower+i5+8400+specs&ei=84E2YpazOrywytMPk9CyqA4&oq=vostro+3670+tower+i5+8400+specs&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAMyBQghEKsCOgcIABBHELADOggIIRAWEB0QHkoECEEYAFDfFljOKGD0L2gBcAF4AIABYYgB2wOSAQE2mAEAoAEByAEIwAEB&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

• Solution