[Support] binhex - Overseerr

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/15/2023 at 4:33 PM, shaihulud said:

@rs5050 Were you ever able to figure out what was causing your container size to be so large? I seem to be running into a similar issue, my container is using up 3.44GB, which seems large.

Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 5.32.08 PM.png

I am having the same issue, but not sure what is using so much space. My container is showing almost exactly the same as yours:

Name                                              Container                Writable                 Log

binhex-overseerr                                  3.48 GB                  1.22 GB                  340 MB

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2023 at 5:10 PM, BudgetAudiophile said:

I am having the same issue, but not sure what is using so much space. My container is showing almost exactly the same as yours:

Name                                              Container                Writable                 Log

binhex-overseerr                                  3.48 GB                  1.22 GB                  340 MB

Yeah, seeing the exact same numbers for container/writable size, it's 2x as big as any other docker I have running.  Seems way too big for a docker that shouldn't be storing any large data (media or large files).

You might want to check your log settings, 340MB worth of logs is a TON of logs, lol.  Mine is <30MB

Edited by worldspawn
  • 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, derjp said:

i am wondering if these should be that big?

On 1/5/2024 at 6:41 PM, worldspawn said:

Seems way too big for a docker that shouldn't be storing any large data (media or large files).

The base OS i use is not optimised for docker usage (rolling distro for a start) thus the images are larger than other base OS's such as Alpine, but there are advantages too. In short there is nothing i can do to optimise the image over what it currently is, do keep in mind though that the size shown in the screenshot is not the size you download on update (or size on disk), firstly its compressed and secondly and more importantly there is sharing of layers, its typically more around the 450MB range.

If it really annoys you then the only option is to switch to another image, LSIO use Alpine so the container size will be smaller.

• 4 weeks later...

Setup - binhex-radarr, binhex-sonarr, binhex-overseerr and requestrr w/discord.
- I can request tv shows from requestrr/discord and sonarr downloads fine.
- I cant request movies from requestrr/discord to radarr but can from overseer directly. 

Anyone else run into this?