How does unraid calculate log?

opentoe

6 hours ago, Squid said:

Standard mounting size for the log is 128M, so your log is currently using 3% of that.

Everything else (flash, RAM, docker) should be self explanatory - the size taken up vs the size installed

I only bring this up because I keep file activity on all the time and the tons of information is there, but my log system never really increases. Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, opentoe said:

So when the array reboots this information gets cleared since it is not saved on the boot drive?

Not clear what you are asking.

Each of those numbers, RAM, Flash, Log, Docker, on the Dashboard are the current values. There is nothing to save on the boot drive.

One of the items, Flash, refers to the amount of space used on the boot drive. And one of those items, Docker, is the amount of used space in docker.img. These won't typically change after reboot, but that is because those are persistent storage and they do have used space that persists after reboot.

The other 2 items, RAM and log, will change on reboot because logs are in RAM like the rest of the OS.