[SOLVED] network unreachable after upgrade to 6.10.2-Resolved / New issue - cache unmountable.

Go to solution Solved by liujason,

I have not experienced this before in the past (10 years?) with unraid. Console boots and it looks normal (see attached), but I can't get to the web gui. The IP address (192.168.1.3) is unreachable via ping. Other iLO IP address is fine, indicating NIC is ok. Checked clients via router, should not have ip conflict. 

How should I diagnose further? (diagnostics attached)

IMG_5693.jpeg

tower-diagnostics-20220608-1442.zip

Edited by liujason
Adding diagnostics

Thanks for the prompt reply! Yes. It is an HP. Is the next step to create the empty file config/modprobe.d/tg3.conf ? Is there anyway to verify tg3 will work with the build? (I don't want to wait till data corruption happens. :)

Edit: Read through this post, and seems like the recommendation for now is to disable VT-d. 

Edited by liujason
  • liujason changed the title to [RESOLVED] network unreachable after upgrade to 6.10.2
1 minute ago, liujason said:

Diags are unfortunately not from the first boot. I rebooted it several times wondering why I couldn't connect to the webGUI.

Ok, thanks, looks like your server is affected by the possible corruption issue, as long as you leave vt-d disable for now there shouldn't be any more issues, and hopefully a fix will come soon.

Just now, JorgeB said:

Ok, thanks, looks like your server is affected by the possible corruption issue, as long as you leave vt-d disable for now there shouldn't be any more issues, and hopefully a fix will come soon.

Thank you for all the support! Best of luck finding the fix!

On 6/9/2022 at 12:05 AM, JorgeB said:

A couple of questions if you don't' mind, did you upgrade from v6.9.2 (or older) directly to v6.10.2? And was your cache unmountable before doing that?

Now I'm seeing my cache unmountable. (attaching diags). I have not restarted the system. 

"Unmountable: Wrong or no file sysem" ("system" misspelled BTW). 

tower-diagnostics-20220611-2205.zip

Edited by liujason
  • liujason changed the title to network unreachable after upgrade to 6.10.2-Resolved / New issue - cache unmountable.

Ah... bonkers. All docker apps/libraries are running in cache drive. I may have lost all the appconfig. 

What caused the drive to be unmountable? is this the data corruption that happened? I thought the update blocked the NIC, and data corruption wouldn't have occured. 

2 hours ago, liujason said:

is this the data corruption that happened?

Unfortunately that's what most likely happened, just by starting the array with VT-d enable for a few minutes can be enough to corrupt some data, and usually anything btrfs is the first to go since it's much more susceptible to kernel memory corruption.

Note that if you need vt-d you can upgrade to v6.10.3-rc1, I'm confident that the corruption issue that affects mostly same vintage HP servers is resolved.

• liujason changed the title to [SOLVED] network unreachable after upgrade to 6.10.2-Resolved / New issue - cache unmountable.
22 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Unfortunately that's what most likely happened, just by starting the array with VT-d enable for a few minutes can be enough to corrupt some data, and usually anything btrfs is the first to go since it's much more susceptible to kernel memory corruption.

Note that if you need vt-d you can upgrade to v6.10.3-rc1, I'm confident that the corruption issue that affects mostly same vintage HP servers is resolved.

Got it. Alright, rebuilt cache file system as XFS. Thanks for your support.