Not detecting drives on LAS card

Go to solution Solved by davidst95,

Hi, I recently purchased a "9207-8i PCIE3.0 6Gbps HBA LSI FW:P20 IT Mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2* SFF-8087 US" card to use with Unraid.   After installing the card I added one 8TB Red Pro drive to with the breakout sata cables.   I'm not seeing the card POST when turning on my server or see the 8TB drive in the BIOS or in Unraid.    Is there anything I'm missing?   Thanks in advance for any help

I do see the card in "System Devices"

Serial Attached SCSI controller: Broadcom / LSI SAS2308 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 (rev 05)

I also have two 1 tb nvme drives that are on the motherboard.  

David

IOMMU.PNG

tower-diagnostics-20220819-0057.zip

Edited by davidst95

I think I found the issue.

The Intel® 500 series chipset does not support UEFI VBIOS graphic card, hence the integrated graphics mode does not support legacy boot and CSM option becomes non-configurable.   Dos the BIOS card have to be in legacy mode?   The issue is I'm using an ITX board so the only pcie slot is either a discrete graphics card or the LSI card.

David

Edited by davidst95

@davidst95, this is a link to a forward breakout cable:

https://www.amazon.com/AdcAudx-Internal-Forward-Breakout-Controller/dp/B09NBBDW2M/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1IZFAQD84T8GK&keywords=forward+breakout+cables&qid=1661037370&sprefix=forward+breakout+cables%2Caps%2C78&sr=8-5

(The reverse breakout cable looks identical-- the wiring is connected to different pins on the connectors.)

• Solution
57 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

https://www.amazon.com/AdcAudx-Internal-Forward-Breakout-Controller/dp/B09NBBDW2M/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1IZFAQD84T8GK&keywords=forward+breakout+cables&qid=1661037370&sprefix=forward+breakout+cables%2Caps%2C78&sr=8-5

(The reverse breakout cable looks identical-- the wiring is connected to different pins on the connectors.)

I was able to test the card on a X570 motherboard and modify the CMS settings in the BIOS.   I was able to see the card POST and the hdd drives being detected.   I ordered the cables from the link you sent me and hopefully that will help.   Thanks again!

David

On 8/20/2022 at 7:21 PM, Frank1940 said:

It turned out to be the cables.   Thanks for the link and suggestion!