Shares just disapeared!!!

Hello all,

Yesterday I made some changes on my shares "Movie" "TV Show" and changed the caching from NO to PREFER. Woke up this morning and my 1tb cache drive was completely full. I reverted the shares from PREFER to NO and suddenly the page refreshed and all my shares were gone!... What do I do now?

46 minutes ago, Axel8rate said:

Yesterday I made some changes on my shares "Movie" "TV Show" and changed the caching from NO to PREFER. Woke up this morning and my 1tb cache drive was completely full.

That is what the Prefer setting is meant to do.   It means you want mover to transfer files from array to cache space permitting.

47 minutes ago, Axel8rate said:

I reverted the shares from PREFER to NO

This will not get files back on the array as mover ignores shares with the No setting.     You need the Yes setting to get files moved from cache to array.  Once they are back on the array you can then use the No setting to stop new files being temporarily stored on a cache pool.

The  Help built into the GUI describes what the values of this setting do and how they affect the actions taken by mover.

23 hours ago, itimpi said:

This will not get files back on the array as mover ignores shares with the No setting.     You need the Yes setting to get files moved from cache to array.  Once they are back on the array you can then use the No setting to stop new files being temporarily stored on a cache pool.

Will do that as soon as my shares come back...

Edited by Axel8rate
21 hours ago, Axel8rate said:

changed my shares setting from No to Yes

Best if appdata, domains, system shares are set to Prefer. You want these shares on cache so docker/VM performance won't be impacted by slower array, and so array disks can spin down since these files are always open.

Nothing can move open files so you have to disable Docker and VM Manager in Settings to get these moved to cache.

Post new diagnostics if you need more advice.