Everyday at noon my server stops working.

N385
Go to solution Solved by N385,

I use Unraid mainly for Plex and file storage.

At noon my system cache disks seem to go into read only mode (from what I've been able to gather).

To get the server working I have to reset it. Half the time the server will not reset from 'reboot' button, so has to be hard reset.

Fix common problems will work to 22% and hang.

I have a copy of the log.

workhorse-syslog-20220915-1914.zip

system.png

Edited by N385
Add system overview picture.

This has been going on for over a month. In that time I have switched what cable connects what drive and I have even replaced drives in the pool. I have had the machine open at least 5 times.

The SATA connectors on the motherboard go to a virtual machine that does backups, video encoding and a lot more so they are not available.

I have purposely started watching a movie close to noon many many times and it always stops at ~12:02 (when the browsers video buffer runs out). Not at 11:58 or 12:04, but always 12:02 PM

If this were a mechanical issue it wouldn't happen on an exacting schedule. We run no AC or Heat at this time of year so it's not happening due to temperature either.

After 12:02 PM Plex will only show this error, the Unraid docker button will hang, fix common problems will hang and the 'reboot' button will not work either.

After a hard reboot the machine will work for until 12:00 PM the next day.

sww.png

Edited by N385
typo

Is that supposed to be an answer to my question? Does that mean it already crashed before noon even though you had not started a movie at all since reboot? What happens if you start a movie hours before noon? Are you sure the time of day has anything at all to do with this? Do you have anything scheduled for that time?

I started a movie this morning at around 11 AM and it quit at 12:02 PM as if on a schedule. I have not reboot yet today so nothing much will work until I do. I did that screen grab at 12:50 PM today. 

I have 4 user scripts that run once a day. I just downloaded all the logs and viewed them and they show each ran successfully at 4:40 AM one after the other this morning.

Other than that Mover runs once a week on Sundays at 2:00 AM and parity check runs the first Sunday of every other month at 3:00 AM.

I don't recall having anything scheduled for 12:00 PM

User-Script.Logs.zip

Edited by N385
Added logs

CA Backup runs monthly on the 14th @ 3AM

Mover Tuning is there so only files that are older than 60 days will get moved to the array.

It looks like I overlooked SSD trim.

SSD Trim was set to run daily at 12:00 (I have just disabled it to see if that fixes the problem).