Figro's Docker Repo Support Thread

Figro

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2024 at 2:33 AM, max.prime said:

I had trouble logging into Flood-UI with qbittorrent but that's because I had turned off authentication.  When I turned it back on, I still couldn't log in, but restarting qbit did the trick.

I have auth turned on. Tried restarting qbit container but no dice. 

Qbit is routed into Gluetun. Not sure if that makes any difference

332514150_CleanShot2024-03-01at14_06.25@2x.thumb.png.f28427d00ceb6bf68151d9b5737f5845.png

Edited by Sptz87

8 minutes ago, rama3124 said:

If i've already got a cloudflare tunnel running through the cloudflared container by aeleos, is there an advantage to switch to this container?

No, just a matter of preference. Aelos' uses the official cloudflared container. This container will grab the latest precompiled binary of cloudflared from cloudflare's github with a simple shell script and run that inside of alpine linux on startup. Feel free to use either

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Figro said:

No, just a matter of preference. Aelos' uses the official cloudflared container. This container will grab the latest precompiled binary of cloudflared from cloudflare's github with a simple shell script and run that inside of alpine linux on startup. Feel free to use either

on Another note,

If you want to reduce the amount of containers and use uptime kuma, there is a built in cloudflared tunnel

https://github.com/louislam/uptime-kuma/wiki/Reverse-Proxy-with-Cloudflare-Tunnel

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,  I have been attempting to get a cloudflared tunnel ip an running to allow remote access to Guacamole.  I have been trying everything i can think of, and done hours of reseach and testing at this point.  I think i got the problem pinned down, and could really use you all's help.

When i set up the tunnel the connection is health and i am able to access Guac from both inside and outside the network.  When i look at the logs, it appears that the docker is losing connection to Cloudflare and will not reconnect.  If i restart the docker, the connection works again for about 15 - 30 seconds, then shuts back down.  When i try to log in i am getting a 502 Bad Gateway Error.  The tunnel on the cloudflare site goes to down.  If i restart again and refresh cloudflare the connection shows as health again and i am able to access again.  Then it shuts down.  I will attach the logs below.  Hopefully someone has seen this before and knows a fix.  Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Cloudflare Tunnel Logs.txt

1 minute ago, ScottyBoom said:

Hello,  I have been attempting to get a cloudflared tunnel ip an running to allow remote access to Guacamole.  I have been trying everything i can think of, and done hours of reseach and testing at this point.  I think i got the problem pinned down, and could really use you all's help.

When i set up the tunnel the connection is health and i am able to access Guac from both inside and outside the network.  When i look at the logs, it appears that the docker is losing connection to Cloudflare and will not reconnect.  If i restart the docker, the connection works again for about 15 - 30 seconds, then shuts back down.  When i try to log in i am getting a 502 Bad Gateway Error.  The tunnel on the cloudflare site goes to down.  If i restart again and refresh cloudflare the connection shows as health again and i am able to access again.  Then it shuts down.  I will attach the logs below.  Hopefully someone has seen this before and knows a fix.  Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Cloudflare Tunnel Logs.txt 9.8 kB · 0 downloads

Seems like the container lost internet connectivity from your logs. The way cloudflared handles this by default is it will retry 5 times in exponential time increments. You can increase this limit so that if your container loses connection to internet you can have it retry for longer. There is more information about this here: https://developers.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-one/connections/connect-networks/configure-tunnels/tunnel-run-parameters/#retries

There is some instruction about how to add this on unraid template here: https://github.com/AriaGomes/Unraid-Cloudflared-Tunnel/issues/6#issuecomment-2000252620

Let me know if you still have issues after trying that. 😃

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, CanadianBear said:

Is Flood-UI supposed to be working with the most recent qbit? I can't get it to connect. I have seen some older posts saying that it doesn't support newer releases, but I wonder if maybe they're dated.

It should work, I am using qbittorrentvpn by markusmcnugen from the Unraid CA. Can you try removing the container and getting the latest template of my flood-ui container from CA. I did a update to the container and template for the :latest tag. If you are using :dev you should try and use :latest and see how it does. Let me know if anything changes or what you are experiencing

Edit: Screenshot of my instance
vivaldi_l0uDPon4Yn.thumb.png.89e8baadb92e0a51f46264555fcdb811.png

Edited by Figro
18 minutes ago, Figro said:

It should work, I am using qbittorrentvpn by markusmcnugen from the Unraid CA. Can you try removing the container and getting the latest template of my flood-ui container from CA. I did a update to the container and template for the :latest tag. If you are using :dev you should try and use :latest and see how it does. Let me know if anything changes or what you are experiencing

Edit: Screenshot of my instance
vivaldi_l0uDPon4Yn.thumb.png.89e8baadb92e0a51f46264555fcdb811.png

Thanks for the quick response. I have the latest binhex-qbittorrentvpn and I just uninstalled and reinstalled :latest Flood-UI. I'm getting "Can't connect to client." I have qbitmanage and cross-seed interacting with qbit just fine. Attached a couple screenshots.

SCR-20240331-lolm.png

SCR-20240331-lohi.png

34 minutes ago, CanadianBear said:

Thanks for the quick response. I have the latest binhex-qbittorrentvpn and I just uninstalled and reinstalled :latest Flood-UI. I'm getting "Can't connect to client." I have qbitmanage and cross-seed interacting with qbit just fine. Attached a couple screenshots.

SCR-20240331-lolm.png

SCR-20240331-lohi.png

I just tried the setup with the binhex container and i also get the same issue. Either these 2 containers are using different versions of qbit and there is a breaking change that flood-ui has not updated to fix yet or there is something in the binhex container that stops this from allowing it to connect. I am guessing its the containers are using different versions of qbit and that flood-ui isn't updated to support that yet. I know in the past there was similar issue. I will look into the 2 containers and let you know what I find.  

4 minutes ago, Figro said:

I just tried the setup with the binhex container and i also get the same issue. Either these 2 containers are using different versions of qbit and there is a breaking change that flood-ui has not updated to fix yet or there is something in the binhex container that stops this from allowing it to connect. I am guessing its the containers are using different versions of qbit and that flood-ui isn't updated to support that yet. I know in the past there was similar issue. I will look into the 2 containers and let you know what I find.  

Weird. Thanks for looking into it! Hopefully we can get it sorted out.

1 hour ago, CanadianBear said:

Weird. Thanks for looking into it! Hopefully we can get it sorted out.

So it looks like the container you are using uses binhex/arch-int-vpn:latest which is an arch linux container and according to AUR its using version 4.6.4 https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/qbittorrent-nox/. The container I am using seems to use ubuntu:20.04 the important bit being the 20.04 its not the latest so its also pulling a older version of qbit https://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/focal/man1/qbittorrent-nox.1.html 4.1.7. I am assuming this version difference is causing the differences between the two containers. I think version 4.6 of qbit broke some things inside of flood-ui. Have you tried using `:dev` to any luck? If I remember right the development code in github has fixes for this but flood-ui never released a build with fixes for 4.6. Not sure if flood povides nightly builds or something that I can use instead? Not sure there is much Me or you can do until they address the fix. Are you able to use the other container for your use case? Do you have any suggestions? 

Posted (edited)

I was looking for another container called qflood and came across this as well

mrhotio — 08/19/2023 9:11 PM

effective immediately I'll stop updating the qflood image, you can still pull from dockerhub for the time being, but that's about it....if the maintainer of Flood UI can't be bothered to push some button to cut a new release that fixes the issue for so many users....I don't know, it's probably just for the joy of seeing people struggle. The qbittorrent image should work as a drop-in replacement. Not sure what to do about rflood though...thoughts?

Seems like we are not alone in this issue.

Edited by Figro
4 hours ago, Figro said:

Seems like we are not alone in this issue.

Bummer. At least now I know it's not something I did wrong. I'll stay subscribed to the thread and hope that it gets resolved some day. Thanks for looking into it! I just got VueTorrent going. Looks pretty good, but feels like it's missing a few things I'd like.

Just now, CanadianBear said:

Bummer. At least now I know it's not something I did wrong. I'll stay subscribed to the thread and hope that it gets resolved some day. Thanks for looking into it! I just got VueTorrent going. Looks pretty good, but feels like it's missing a few things I'd like.

Yea unforturnate. I was going to recomend vuetorrent as I came across this while looking into this stuff. Haven't seen it before but seems interesting. I might look into forking the flood-ui github and see if I can build it myself and see if that all works. Then i can link this container to that instead. I will update here if anything changes. 😃

Just installed the cloudflare tunnel and all setup with hostnames now! :)

I'm trying to add the metrics to Prometheus, I've gone into the docker template, added a specific port, and also added the Port to the container - looks positive when I Apply, I can see the mapping on the Docker page, and the Logs tell me that the metrics server has started on that port, however when I try to add to Prometheus, or even just navigate to the path, it doesn't work :(

Anyone know where I'm going wrong?

image.thumb.png.02f8205958b230060c33fcc84c15ebff.png

image.thumb.png.bad52d302b4cf8bbf1eb4854d4732e3b.png

image.png.7c45217a3a2a30ef5c70619a7f009049.png

image.thumb.png.8eeb5ecbe89c85baf4cf296db37cab12.png

Edited by erf89
2 minutes ago, erf89 said:

Just installed the cloudflare tunnel and all setup with hostnames now! :)

I'm trying to add the metrics to Prometheus, I've gone into the docker template, added a specific port, and also added the Port to the container - looks positive when I Apply, I can see the mapping on the Docker page, and the Logs tell me that the metrics server has started on that port, however when I try to add to Prometheus, or even just navigate to the path, it doesn't work :(

Anyone know where I'm going wrong?

image.thumb.png.02f8205958b230060c33fcc84c15ebff.png

image.thumb.png.bad52d302b4cf8bbf1eb4854d4732e3b.png

image.png.7c45217a3a2a30ef5c70619a7f009049.png

Hey, Thanks for your message. I have not touched the metrics portion of this but would love to get this sorted out for you and anyone else who would like to use this. My first guess for this is that the container has no exposed port defined in the dockerfile that was used to build this container. I can make an update to include this and see if this fixes your issue. Please go ahead and force check for updates you should have one there now and let me know if it works after this with the same settings shown in the screenshot. 

If this works I will make some changes to the template for future users. Thanks for bringing this issue to my attention

9 minutes ago, Figro said:

Hey, Thanks for your message. I have not touched the metrics portion of this but would love to get this sorted out for you and anyone else who would like to use this. My first guess for this is that the container has no exposed port defined in the dockerfile that was used to build this container. I can make an update to include this and see if this fixes your issue. Please go ahead and force check for updates you should have one there now and let me know if it works after this with the same settings shown in the screenshot. 

If this works I will make some changes to the template for future users. Thanks for bringing this issue to my attention

Thanks for the quick response! Just did a force update but still not working, the Logs are very much the same though, says it's started the metrics server

image.png.7b45342f35465bcb8baedd50b18a49f6.png

Edited by erf89
31 minutes ago, erf89 said:

Thanks for the quick response! Just did a force update but still not working, the Logs are very much the same though, says it's started the metrics server

image.png.7b45342f35465bcb8baedd50b18a49f6.png

Did some of my own testing. I think i made a mistake when putting the default value for TUNNEL_METRICS. 

Change it from `localhost:46495` to `0.0.0.0:46495`

You should see something like this after. Let me know if you are still having issues with this.

image.png.bf4863940b85092d2d1cefe4ac1b458e.png

10 minutes ago, Figro said:

Did some of my own testing. I think i made a mistake when putting the default value for TUNNEL_METRICS. 

Change it from `localhost:46495` to `0.0.0.0:46495`

You should see something like this after. Let me know if you are still having issues with this.

image.png.bf4863940b85092d2d1cefe4ac1b458e.png

Ahh yes, that's working now! Thanks for your help!

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jaybau said:

Should the FloodUI docker use PUID 99 and PGID 100 for safer security practice?

Done! Update the container and you should be running as 99:100 (nobody).

Edited by Figro