[Support] devzwf - Speedtest-tracker

Hi, i want to access speedtest-tracker behind a reverse proxy, swag in occurence.

In the log i can see

🔒 SSL_MODE has been set to MIXED, setting the web server to work in HTTP + HTTPS...
🏃‍♂️ An SSL key was not detected, so I'll generate a self-signed SSL certificate pair for you...

The problem is that i don't find the way to access the application in HTTP from my reverse proxy.

Only https is working but don't behind the reserver proxy.

Thank u for your help.

50 minutes ago, jdmhammer said:

@ZappyZap got the following change that will be released later this week to FINALLY fix the jank around time zones. Can you remove all references to `TZ` environment variable and/or mounting the host's time? If you have a repo for the code happy to open a PR too.

https://github.com/alexjustesen/speedtest-tracker/pull/929

sure
the repo : https://github.com/devzwf/unraid-docker-templates

Thanks

• Like 1

you can see my ngnix swag file for speedtest-tracker

It's not working swag and speedtest-tracker are on the same docker network

## Version 2023/05/31

# make sure that your <container_name> container is named <container_name>

# make sure that your dns has a cname set for <container_name>

server {

listen 443 ssl http2;

listen [::]:443 ssl http2;

server_name speedtest.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

# enable for ldap auth (requires ldap-location.conf in the location block)

#include /config/nginx/ldap-server.conf;

# enable for Authelia (requires authelia-location.conf in the location block)

#include /config/nginx/authelia-server.conf;

# enable for Authentik (requires authentik-location.conf in the location block)

#include /config/nginx/authentik-server.conf;

location / {

# enable the next two lines for http auth

#auth_basic "Restricted";

#auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;

# enable for ldap auth (requires ldap-server.conf in the server block)

#include /config/nginx/ldap-location.conf;

# enable for Authelia (requires authelia-server.conf in the server block)

#include /config/nginx/authelia-location.conf;

# enable for Authentik (requires authentik-server.conf in the server block)

#include /config/nginx/authentik-location.conf;

include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;

include /config/nginx/resolver.conf;

set $upstream_app speedtest-tracker;

set $upstream_port 80;

set $upstream_proto http;

proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;

}

}

I have been using this plugin for a while.  Recently the telegram notifications have stopped.  I checked my .env variable and the telegram bot code still exists there.  What else should I check?  Also when I login to the "admin" panel I don't see the settings like "enable notifications" like the screenshot above in the previous post.

I've been using this awesome container on my previous Debian homeserver with basically one-click deployment. Most likely this was due to the use of the integrated database. 

I've switched to Unraid last month and as a result I'll have to use an external DB.

For the life of me, I can't get the container to talk to the Maria database. It is very likely that this is a result of user error, because I'm not familiar with setting up data bases and the likes at all! 

Does anyone happen to have a good tutorial or instructions (general or container specific) to learn more about this subject for Unraid, and ultimately get this thing running again?

I'm also having the same issue as sleepercells and some others above regarding the container being unable to start after a new install. Any ideas? Logs below:

[2023-12-06 04:04:14] production.ERROR: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory (Connection: mysql, SQL: select * from information_schema.tables where table_schema = speedtest_tracker and table_name = migrations and table_type = 'BASE TABLE') {"exception":"[object] (Illuminate\\Database\\QueryException(code: 2002): SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory (Connection: mysql, SQL: select * from information_schema.tables where table_schema = speedtest_tracker and table_name = migrations and table_type = 'BASE TABLE') at /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php:822)
[stacktrace]
#0 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(976): Illuminate\\Database\\Connection->runQueryCallback()
#1 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(955): Illuminate\\Database\\Connection->tryAgainIfCausedByLostConnection()
#2 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(778): Illuminate\\Database\\Connection->handleQueryException()
#3 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(407): Illuminate\\Database\\Connection->run()
#4 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(394): Illuminate\\Database\\Connection->select()
#5 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Schema/MySqlBuilder.php(43): Illuminate\\Database\\Connection->selectFromWriteConnection()
#6 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Migrations/DatabaseMigrationRepository.php(184): Illuminate\\Database\\Schema\\MySqlBuilder->hasTable()
#7 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Migrations/Migrator.php(700): Illuminate\\Database\\Migrations\\DatabaseMigrationRepository->repositoryExists()
#8 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Console/Migrations/MigrateCommand.php(140): Illuminate\\Database\\Migrations\\Migrator->repositoryExists()
#9 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Support/helpers.php(248): Illuminate\\Database\\Console\\Migrations\\MigrateCommand->Illuminate\\Database\\Console\\Migrations\\{closure}()
#10 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Console/Migrations/MigrateCommand.php(140): retry()
#11 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Console/Migrations/MigrateCommand.php(116): Illuminate\\Database\\Console\\Migrations\\MigrateCommand->repositoryExists()
#12 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Console/Migrations/MigrateCommand.php(84): Illuminate\\Database\\Console\\Migrations\\MigrateCommand->prepareDatabase()
#13 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Migrations/Migrator.php(633): Illuminate\\Database\\Console\\Migrations\\MigrateCommand->Illuminate\\Database\\Console\\Migrations\\{closure}()
#14 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Console/Migrations/MigrateCommand.php(83): Illuminate\\Database\\Migrations\\Migrator->usingConnection()
#15 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/BoundMethod.php(36): Illuminate\\Database\\Console\\Migrations\\MigrateCommand->handle()
#16 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Util.php(41): Illuminate\\Container\\BoundMethod::Illuminate\\Container\\{closure}()
#17 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/BoundMethod.php(93): Illuminate\\Container\\Util::unwrapIfClosure()
#18 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/BoundMethod.php(35): Illuminate\\Container\\BoundMethod::callBoundMethod()
#19 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(662): Illuminate\\Container\\BoundMethod::call()
#20 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Console/Command.php(211): Illuminate\\Container\\Container->call()
#21 /var/www/html/vendor/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(326): Illuminate\\Console\\Command->execute()
#22 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Console/Command.php(180): Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Command\\Command->run()
#23 /var/www/html/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(1081): Illuminate\\Console\\Command->run()
#24 /var/www/html/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(320): Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Application->doRunCommand()
#25 /var/www/html/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(174): Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Application->doRun()
#26 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Console/Kernel.php(201): Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Application->run()
#27 /var/www/html/artisan(35): Illuminate\\Foundation\\Console\\Kernel->handle()
#28 {main}

[previous exception] [object] (PDOException(code: 2002): SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory at /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/Connector.php:65)
[stacktrace]
#0 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/Connector.php(65): PDO->__construct()
#1 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/Connector.php(83): Illuminate\\Database\\Connectors\\Connector->createPdoConnection()
#2 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/Connector.php(48): Illuminate\\Database\\Connectors\\Connector->tryAgainIfCausedByLostConnection()
#3 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/MySqlConnector.php(24): Illuminate\\Database\\Connectors\\Connector->createConnection()
#4 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/ConnectionFactory.php(184): Illuminate\\Database\\Connectors\\MySqlConnector->connect()
#5 [internal function]: Illuminate\\Database\\Connectors\\ConnectionFactory->Illuminate\\Database\\Connectors\\{closure}()
#6 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(1319): call_user_func()
#7 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(521): Illuminate\\Database\\Connection->getPdo()
#8 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(416): Illuminate\\Database\\Connection->getPdoForSelect()
#9 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(809): Illuminate\\Database\\Connection->Illuminate\\Database\\{closure}()
#10 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(976): Illuminate\\Database\\Connection->runQueryCallback()
#11 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(955): Illuminate\\Database\\Connection->tryAgainIfCausedByLostConnection()
#12 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(778): Illuminate\\Database\\Connection->handleQueryException()
#13 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(407): Illuminate\\Database\\Connection->run()
#14 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(394): Illuminate\\Database\\Connection->select()
#15 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Schema/MySqlBuilder.php(43): Illuminate\\Database\\Connection->selectFromWriteConnection()
#16 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Migrations/DatabaseMigrationRepository.php(184): Illuminate\\Database\\Schema\\MySqlBuilder->hasTable()
#17 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Migrations/Migrator.php(700): Illuminate\\Database\\Migrations\\DatabaseMigrationRepository->repositoryExists()
#18 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Console/Migrations/MigrateCommand.php(140): Illuminate\\Database\\Migrations\\Migrator->repositoryExists()
#19 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Support/helpers.php(248): Illuminate\\Database\\Console\\Migrations\\MigrateCommand->Illuminate\\Database\\Console\\Migrations\\{closure}()
#20 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Console/Migrations/MigrateCommand.php(140): retry()
#21 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Console/Migrations/MigrateCommand.php(116): Illuminate\\Database\\Console\\Migrations\\MigrateCommand->repositoryExists()
#22 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Console/Migrations/MigrateCommand.php(84): Illuminate\\Database\\Console\\Migrations\\MigrateCommand->prepareDatabase()
#23 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Migrations/Migrator.php(633): Illuminate\\Database\\Console\\Migrations\\MigrateCommand->Illuminate\\Database\\Console\\Migrations\\{closure}()
#24 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Console/Migrations/MigrateCommand.php(83): Illuminate\\Database\\Migrations\\Migrator->usingConnection()
#25 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/BoundMethod.php(36): Illuminate\\Database\\Console\\Migrations\\MigrateCommand->handle()
#26 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Util.php(41): Illuminate\\Container\\BoundMethod::Illuminate\\Container\\{closure}()
#27 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/BoundMethod.php(93): Illuminate\\Container\\Util::unwrapIfClosure()
#28 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/BoundMethod.php(35): Illuminate\\Container\\BoundMethod::callBoundMethod()
#29 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(662): Illuminate\\Container\\BoundMethod::call()
#30 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Console/Command.php(211): Illuminate\\Container\\Container->call()
#31 /var/www/html/vendor/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(326): Illuminate\\Console\\Command->execute()
#32 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Console/Command.php(180): Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Command\\Command->run()
#33 /var/www/html/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(1081): Illuminate\\Console\\Command->run()
#34 /var/www/html/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(320): Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Application->doRunCommand()
#35 /var/www/html/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(174): Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Application->doRun()
#36 /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Console/Kernel.php(201): Symfony\\Component\\Console\\Application->run()
#37 /var/www/html/artisan(35): Illuminate\\Foundation\\Console\\Kernel->handle()
#38 {main}
"} 
s6-rc: warning: unable to start service laravel-automations: command exited 1
/run/s6/basedir/scripts/rc.init: warning: s6-rc failed to properly bring all the services up! Check your logs (in /run/uncaught-logs/current if you have in-container logging) for more information.
prog: fatal: stopping the container.

In Connection.php line 822:

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory (Connection: mysql, SQL: s  
  elect * from information_schema.tables where table_schema = speedtest_track  
  er and table_name = migrations and table_type = 'BASE TABLE')                

In Connector.php line 65:

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory  

2 hours ago, DevanteWeary said:

Hey @ZappyZap, wanted to ask where do you prefer feature suggestions? 

Here or github?

Was gonna suggest 

• Under Results, have a filter for "Doesn't meet threshhold"
  • Highlight any line that doesn't meet threshhold.
  • Export as .CSV

Thank you for such a great app!

suggestion to the software please use github
suggestion for template here is fine .

Thanks

Edit: I was able to get it to work by installing mariadb and matching the setting from the docker_compose file. Then edited the Speedtest tracker Docker and also matched what was in the compose file and it finally came up. But I was with the understanding that when you install the docker from the community apps, that it should install the db along with the app. Also, once I got to the Web-UI, I logged in with the default creds and the page would return to the host/admin portal setup page. I ended up typing in myserverIP:9443/admin and it took me to the admin page and was able to run speedtests. Hope this helps.     P.S Timezone is set for my local time, however it keeps showing a negative next to the wrong time.

Hello, I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed. Ive looked through and did not find a fix. I just recently installed the SpeedTest Tracker from the Community apps on Unraid. After the install, the docker comes up and then immediately goes back down. Any help would be appreciated, Here are the logs:

_______                       __ __                __,
|     __|.-----.-----.-----.--|  |  |_.-----.-----.|  |_,
|__     ||  _  |  -__|  -__|  _  |   _|  -__|__ --||   _|,
|_______||   __|_____|_____|_____|____|_____|_____||____|,
         |__|,
 _______                   __,
|_     _|.----.---.-.----.|  |--.-----.----.,
  |   |  |   _|  _  |  __||    <|  -__|   _|,
  |___|  |__| |___._|____||__|__|_____|__|,
To support Speedtest Tracker visit:,
https://github.com/alexjustesen/speedtest-tracker,
GID/UID,
User uid:    1000,
User gid:    1000,
🔒 SSL_MODE has been set to MIXED, setting the web server to work in HTTP + HTTPS...,
🏃‍♂️ An SSL key was not detected, so I'll generate a self-signed SSL certificate pair for you...,
......+..+...+..........+..+.+......+...........+....+.....+.+.....+.......+..+......+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++*...+....+......+.....+....+...+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++*.+...........+...+...+.......+......+.........+.....+.+...........+...+......+............+..........+.........+......+...+............+...+......+...+.....+.+..+...+....+.....+.+.....+.+......+..............+....+......+.....+...+......+....+..+....+..+...+....+............+..............+.+......+.....+....+...+..+...+......+.......+........+.+.....+...+...+.......+..+....+.........+..+.+.................+.+......+......+..................+.....+.+........+.+..+....+.....+...+...+.......+...+........+....+.....+.+.................+....+...+........+...+....+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++,
........+...+...................+.....+.+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++*......+..+...+....+...+..+...+.............+......+.....+...+..................+....+...+...+...+...........+....+..+....+.....+...+.+..+............+...+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++*.......+..+...+...+......+...+.......+......+..............+.............+...........+..........+...........+.+...+...............+..+.......+..+..........+.........+.....+.........+...+.............+..+............+...+...+.+......+...+.....+.+......+..+...+..........+..+.......+.....+...............+......+....+..............+.........+......+....+..+....+.....+......+.+.....+....+...+...+.........+.....+.+..............+......+....+.........+.....+.........+.+.....+......+...+.......+........+.......+......+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++,
🐇  Configuring Speedtest Tracker...,
 Environment file exists.,
🔗  Creating symlinks for config and log files...,
 Symlinks created.,
 App key exists,
🔒  Fixing app path file permissions...,
 Permissions fixed.,
🔐  Linking the storage...,
 Storage linked.,
💰  Building the cache...,
 Cache set.,
🚛  Migrating the database...,
In Connection.php line 760:,
                                                                               ,
  SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory (SQL: select * from inform  ,
  ation_schema.tables where table_schema = speedtest_tracker and table_name =  ,
   migrations and table_type = 'BASE TABLE')                                   ,
                                                                               ,
In Connector.php line 70:,
  SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory  ,
s6-rc: warning: unable to start service laravel-automations: command exited 1,
/run/s6/basedir/scripts/rc.init: warning: s6-rc failed to properly bring all the services up! Check your logs (in /run/uncaught-logs/current if you have in-container logging) for more information.,
prog: fatal: stopping the container.,

Edited by Lazirus33
9 hours ago, Lazirus33 said:

Edit: I was able to get it to work by installing mariadb and matching the setting from the docker_compose file. Then edited the Speedtest tracker Docker and also matched what was in the compose file and it finally came up. But I was with the understanding that when you install the docker from the community apps, that it should install the db along with the app. Also, once I got to the Web-UI, I logged in with the default creds and the page would return to the host/admin portal setup page. I ended up typing in myserverIP:9443/admin and it took me to the admin page and was able to run speedtests. Hope this helps.     P.S Timezone is set for my local time, however it keeps showing a negative next to the wrong time.

The dauthor of the software ,move away from file DB (sqlite) 
so unless we are moving away from official docker image and doing a all in one image there is no way this template can install the DB as well.

Edited by ZappyZap
On 11/29/2023 at 6:08 AM, simcole said:

I have been using this plugin for a while.  Recently the telegram notifications have stopped.  I checked my .env variable and the telegram bot code still exists there.  What else should I check?  Also when I login to the "admin" panel I don't see the settings like "enable notifications" like the screenshot above in the previous post.

All notification settings are under `Settings -> Notifications`, if you can't see that it's likely your user account doesn't have the correct permissions. Docs to help you fix that can be found here: https://docs.speedtest-tracker.dev/other/commands

On 12/6/2023 at 12:52 PM, DevanteWeary said:

Hey @ZappyZap, wanted to ask where do you prefer feature suggestions? 

Here or github?

Was gonna suggest 

• Under Results, have a filter for "Doesn't meet threshhold"
  • Highlight any line that doesn't meet threshhold.
  • Export as .CSV

Thank you for such a great app!

Dev here, thanks for the suggestions! I'll give a quick update but you should also follow along on GitHub as I keep all feature suggestions there.

• Filtering on meeting the threshold is planned when the system for running tests gets an overhaul. Same with highlighting.
  • Export as .csv is up next, just stuck a nail in the time zone coffin.
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, ZappyZap said:

The dauthor of the software ,move away from file DB (sqlite) 
so unless we are moving away from official docker image and doing a all in one image there is no way this template can install the DB as well.

Sorry just to clarify - the app won’t work unless I install a separate DB app?