Unraid crashes many times a day.

mucflyer
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I have build small Unraid server using HP Elitedesk 800 G4 i5-8500t with double nvme 500GB drives ond 8GB of memory (will be upgraded to 32GB soon). Only have one VM - Windows Server. But I noticed unraid is crashing very often, I checked cooling - CPU have around 44C, nothing else noticed. 

Attached syslog

syslog

hydra-diagnostics-20221215-1010.zip

Edited by mucflyer
added diagnostics

Fresh crash 10:56 - 57 just about now. Logs attached. I was installing WS2022 and in the middle of the virtio drivers installation it crashed, not sure if it's related or not. 

Added 32GB of RAM - another crash happened after few minutes after starting Windows VM, and another after starting array, before I started VM or docker

hydra-diagnostics-20221215-1100.zip syslog

Edited by mucflyer
2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

One more thing you can try is to boot the server in safe mode with all docker/VMs disabled, let it run as a basic NAS for a few days, if it still crashes it's likely a hardware problem, if it doesn't start turning on the other services one by one.

This is exactly what I did. Ran it as a NAS for a few days over the weekend while we was gone then went back to normal and turn on 1 thing at a time. We use Plex a lot so I turned on only Plex docker than each day I turned on another and another. Come to find out one of my dockers wasn't configured right and it was eating up resources and crashing. 

Sometimes the simplest things are the key to fixing things.