UNraid wouldn't update from 6.2 (either linking directly to the update url or via the update plugin), updated manually by flash drive and now have issue with GUI

guigz

It will remove all your settings, that is why you are backing it up. You definitely can't do this on a running server if that's what you mean. Put flash in your PC. You can make a backup there before you

27 minutes ago, Squid said:

delete the contents of /config on the flash with the exception of the "go" file and the .key file and try rebooting again

Are you trying to connect using IP or servername? The IP may be different than you expect because it will be using default DHCP. Can you see your server on your router?

DHCP with IPs reserved by MAC address on the router is really the best way to have known IPs. That way everything is managed in the one place that really matters.

Do you have an attached monitor and keyboard?

I looked into my router for the assignment table and I don't see the unraid machine. 

Unfortunately it's running headless and it's a PITA to get it hooked up. Could I perhaps restore the flash backup and maybe try manually installing an earlier version (like 6.3 or 6.4) and upgrading from that version?

1 hour ago, guigz said:

can't see any of the shares on windows

New shares are not exported and since you didn't keep their cfg they are all new. 

You will have to configure each of your shares.

You also won't have users, docker templates, any settings from webUI. They were all in config folder