Unraid 6.11.5 - Can't connect to Mothership Error

This is going to sound like the dumbest thing you have heard. But check the time/date on your server. 

I was having this problem and was bouncing all over the forums looking for a solution, and for some odd reason my server's time/date had gotten off, causing and SSL issue, which made mothership refuse connection.

• Upvote 1
20 hours ago, gyto6 said:

Got the same error. I did several disconnections and connections to get it back to normal state.

hi thank you for your answer, I have made several disconnections connection via "my server" and always the same error, I have also restarted my unraid several times but nada

17 hours ago, professeurx said:

hi thank you for your answer, I have made several disconnections connection via "my server" and always the same error, I have also restarted my unraid several times but nada

You're welcome.

Sadly, I got the trouble several times along the day, so they might be many operations from Limetech's servers side, or a new update within the plugin sets it to the failure we're witnessing.

Hi everyone.

Same here with error: Can´t connect to Mothership. I tryed to ping mothership.unraid.net, but 100% failure. Seems on unraid side there is something wrong. 
dnslookup reports 52.40.54.163 for mothership.unraid.net. Routing Problem? Server down? something like this

It would be nice if this problem was corrected because because of this, the containers this disconnects and reconnects everything goes. Having domains for work it blocks me during my days and it's complicated to move forward.

I changed dns, disconnection and reconnection of the "my server" and even a reinstallation of the plugins but nothing helps

Edit ; i'm resolve my problème with ' unraid-api restart '

image.png.304f89b56bb13703759875790b86313d.png

Edited by professeurx
  • Thanks 1
On 3/13/2023 at 8:08 AM, professeurx said:

It would be nice if this problem was corrected because because of this, the containers this disconnects and reconnects everything goes.

My Servers is like the "canary in the coal mine", it is quite visible so when there are networking issues it is the first thing people see.

If multiple things are breaking then you have an underlying issue that needs to be resolved. It is very unlikely that My Servers is the cause of your issues, it is just another symptom.

To completely rule it out, I'd suggest that you uninstall the My Servers plugin. When the problem happens with your containers, grab your diagnostics.zip file (from Tools -> Diagnostics) and upload to a new thread under General Support where you describe the problem in full. 

• Like 1

For everyone else in this thread, assuming you are just having issues with My Servers connecting to mothership and not other things...

First thing to do is go to the Plugins tab and make sure you are running the latest version of the plugin. Currently that is 2023.03.09.1140

Then check https://status.unraid.net/ and confirm we are not having back-end issues. If we are, then I apologize and ask you to please wait until those are cleared.

If there are no issues reported on our end, try restarting the Unraid API via `unraid-api restart`. Wait at least 30 seconds, then reload the webgui. If restarting the api solves the issue then we still have more work to do on our reconnection logic. The API should be able to detect that it was disconnected and automatically reconnect.

If restarting the api doesn't solve the issue then you need to check your network for a firewall or pihole or adguard that might be blocking the connection.

On 3/17/2023 at 10:48 PM, ljm42 said:

For everyone else in this thread, assuming you are just having issues with My Servers connecting to mothership and not other things...

First thing to do is go to the Plugins tab and make sure you are running the latest version of the plugin. Currently that is 2023.03.09.1140

Then check https://status.unraid.net/ and confirm we are not having back-end issues. If we are, then I apologize and ask you to please wait until those are cleared.

If there are no issues reported on our end, try restarting the Unraid API via `unraid-api restart`. Wait at least 30 seconds, then reload the webgui. If restarting the api solves the issue then we still have more work to do on our reconnection logic. The API should be able to detect that it was disconnected and automatically reconnect.

If restarting the api doesn't solve the issue then you need to check your network for a firewall or pihole or adguard that might be blocking the connection.

Having this problem too. I've restarted via `unraid-api restart`, no joy though. Latest plugin version.

Apparently my USB flash backup is also corrupted. That's somewhat disconcerting.

Server is reachable via WAN, so port forwarding isn't the problem. Has worked fine for months.