Former RAID disks not recognized by Unraid

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I just completed cutting over to Unraid, from a Windows-based server, that leveraged a DELL PERC card for RAID.  Most of the drives I was able to remove the RAID conifguration for before cutting over, however I have 2 x WD 8TB drives that weren't "removed" first, and I suspect have foreign configuration, as they don't show up in Unraid at all (in "unassigned devices" or otherwise).  

Unfortunately, I can't do anything with the old system anymore (it's kaput!) and my new mobo doesn't have a RAID controller to clear.  Are there any utilities or other ways to clear this out without throwing the disks into a system with a RAID controller?

gobills-diagnostics-20230421-0856.zip

11 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

The disks should still be detected, make sure it's not the 3.3v SATA issue, Google "wd 3.3v SATA"

Interesting.  I strongly suspect this is the issue.  Totally a white label WD drive.  I just ordered a few molex<-> SATA power adapters.  Tape on an electrical component feels more risky to me.  LOL.  Adapter should be here tomorrow.  I'll update accordingly.

2 hours ago, FrewBrew said:

Tape on an electrical component feels more risky to me.

I have several WD white label drives that needed the Kapton tape fix in order to be recognized.  Kapton tape is not risky at all and is an easy solution (as are the Molex to SATA adapters) which can also easily be reversed.  At least it is nothing as drastic as the "snip the wire/remove the pin" solutions.  :)