Unraid OS Is Not Booting

I recently received a message that my USB boot drive was corrupt. I did a backup of my system as well as exported my registry key and went out and purchased a couple of new USB drives, Samsung and Plexar. I downloaded the current version of the USB creator tool and created the boot usb using the backup I had downloaded.

I plugged the new USB back into my server and I am unable to get past the boot screen where Unraid will automatically boot after 5 seconds, it just repeats the count down over and over (see video - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H-vHy0LT4AiUtIHM6dZZm1Q73IKFe24f/view?usp=drivesdk)

STEPS TAKEN
1. Tried 2 USB sticks Lexar Jumpdrive E21 32GB 2.0 & Samsung BarPlus 64GB 3.0. The Lexar is currently in the server now. I was getting a message with the Samsung drive that it was not a bootable drive.
2. Went into Bios and made sure SVM and IOMMU was enabled and the USB stick UEFI was first in the boot order (which isn’t the issue, because it’s obviously trying to boot to the drive).
3. Tried selecting the Unraid OS GUI Mode, Unraid OS Safe Mode (no plugins, no GUI),
Unraid OS GUI Safe Mode (no plugins), Memtest86+ but nothing happens. The screen doesn’t change.

My Unraid server has been running fine for over a year now without issues until I ran into changing the the USB stick.

Help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure that you have tried a USB2 port on the MB.  (They normally have black plastic for the insert.  USB3 ports will usually have blue plastic inserts.) 

Another thing to try for the Samsung drive is use the manual method to prep the drive.  (The tool sometimes gives problems when used...)   You can find instructions here:

https://wiki.unraid.net/Articles/Getting_Started#Manual_Install_Method

I was able to boot Unraid. I found that the creator tool was leaving out the following folders EFI, logs, and a bunch of files from the root folder on the USB stick. I had to unzip the backup on my desktop and then copy them over. The problem I’m having now is that my server didn’t come back up with my pluggins and docker apps. Nor does it show any of my drives. aee5171485966e78f9a8438010fc9f5a.jpg

So after hours of working on this and pulling out the stubbles from my bald head, I am a bit further down the line. Thanks @trurl for pointing me to the config folder. I followed the manual process of restoring a new USB drive and running the make_bootable.bat file as Administrator (thanks @Frank1940). My system does boot, BUT now I'm unable to get to the WebGUI. I get an ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED message. I get this message when going to the IP Address assigned to the server and by using myservername.local.  I also have tried several computers on my network to no avail. I've checked for firewalls that may be blocking me from getting to the WebGUI and there isn't. Since I have a monitor attached to my server I've even attempted using the Unraid OS GUI Mode and Unraid OS GUI Safe Mode (no plugins) and I get an Unable to Connect message saying Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at http://localhost:8080/. Further help is appreciated. 

Edited by victoryvj

I used the Linux terminal command use_ssl no and got confirmation that the command made the change. However, I am still unable to access the server through the webGUI. I even attempted to ping the server URL and the pings were successful. I'm not sure if that makes a difference. 

Looks like the dhparam.pem file on your flash drive is corrupt:

Apr 26 23:52:41 DUNE  emhttpd: shcmd (26): /etc/rc.d/rc.nginx start
Apr 26 23:52:41 DUNE root: Starting Nginx server daemon...
Apr 26 23:52:41 DUNE root: nginx: [emerg] PEM_read_bio_DHparams("/etc/nginx/dhparam.pem") failed (SSL: error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line:Expecting: DH PARAMETERS)

I am a little concerned this means other files on your flash drive could be corrupt.

To resolve this issue, run these two commands at the terminal:

rm /boot/config/ssl/dhparam.pem 
/etc/rc.d/rc.nginx reload

@ljm42 that fixed the issue after running the commands. I was able to get to the WebGUI and log in. Now my issue is that I think I may have blacklisted my USB through this journey of trying to get my server back up.  I get this message when I attempt to replace the key.

Error: {"message":"Request failed with status code 403","data":{"error":"Your GUID is blacklisted"}}

I also don't see a URL to paste the key into when I check MyServers now UnraidConnect.

24 minutes ago, victoryvj said:

I’m backup and running again. I just have an warning message in Fix Common Problems saying my /boot/config/flash.cfg file may be corrupt.

Should be easy enough to check :)  all .cfg files are normally text files and thus human readable.

19 hours ago, itimpi said:

Should be easy enough to check :)  all .cfg files are normally text files and thus human readable.

Thanks @itimpi for challenging me to figure this bit out. At first I was like how am I supposed to know what I don't know. Then I remembered I downloaded the unRAIDServer install. I looked at the flash.cfg file and compared it to the one on my drive and saw the issue.  I did look at this before, but I thought it was an encrypted file because of the way the characters were displayed.  I didn't know it was supposed to look like this below.  I replaced the flash.cfg file on my flash drive with the correct one, fired up my server, ran Fix Common Problems, and no corrupt USB drive warnings popped up. I think I could've skipped all that I did with this issue if I had started with the flash.cfg file first.

Flash.cfg:

# Generated settings:
flashExport="-"
flashFruit="no"
flashSecurity="public"
flashReadList=""
flashWriteList=""