Why is Unraid mapping port 443 to dockers that uses a container network

I am using an OpenVPN client and are directing another docker via that container. (--net=container:OpenVPN-Client)

When I look in the port mapping column in the docker view it shows "172.18.0.5:443/TCP192.168.1.130:443", the container is not configured to use that port and docker is not mapping it to it.

Why is this happening?

This leads to me not being able to start NextCloud because port 443 is already in use.

Edit:

I'm on version 6.12.2

Edited by ZIngoooooo

Heyo !

Same thing here, i just found the problem as well.

i tried 2443, and yepp, all the other ones change also.

I checked each and one, i removed the mgmt port on them and added to the vpn docker...

Did you find any fix ? or someone else who knows ?

I believe i had this problem on 6.12.1

and now also on 6.12.2 (just found the prob) 🙂

BR

docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint nextcloud (9cdfd6bc3bdee7f96c511936e8d3bfc1969751557b02261333d90db0c44b5dfe): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp4 0.0.0.0:443: bind: address already in use.

I had similar issues on my containers, where the port configurations in the template were not being applied. Most of them were targeting a custom network (proxynet).... for me it was finally resolved by changing each and every container (one-by-one) to use a different network (changed most to Bridge) and then back again, however for CrashPlan PRO I had to change it to Host to get the VNC Gui to work again, where previously it always worked on Bridge (🤷‍♂️)....

On 6/30/2023 at 9:04 PM, ZIngoooooo said:

When I look in the port mapping column in the docker view it shows "172.18.0.5:443/TCP192.168.1.130:443", the container is not configured to use that port and docker is not mapping it to it.

Can you please post screenshots from how you have your containers configured (Docker template screenshots) and which container do you want to route through the OpenVPN container?

Are you using my container or which container are you using exactly?

On 7/2/2023 at 1:22 AM, mr_nordin said:

i changed Nextcloud to Host Network.

On 7/2/2023 at 1:22 AM, mr_nordin said:

Changed back to Bridge

Can you also post screenshots, what do you want to route through and how it's configured?

Are you using my container or which container are you using exactly?

• 1 month later...

I discovered a way to successfully set up Nextcloud backup and running. First, I decided to shift Unraid away from port 443. Once that was done, I restarted Nextcloud, and to my relief, it sprung back to life.

This approach served as a temporary solution for restoring the functionality back..

Over the weekend, I going to explore more options and experiment with different fixes. If I manage to find another solution that works, I'll definitely share it with all of you.