Cache: Unmountable: Unsupported or no file system (after update)

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

• 1 month later...

Was unable to load content to Plex from my server today. Checked the server and everything looked fine and then I caught a warning message about a Cache Drive Error. I stopped the array. I unmounted the noted cache with the error and restarted the array. Now I see the same "Unmountable: Unsupported or no file system" message next to my cache drive. Whats-more, when I stopped the array again to re-add the drive (with the initial error) from the drop down in the cache pool, it listed the drive as 0 b. I added it nonetheless, got the same Unmountable message. Stopped array again. Removed the (cache) drive with initial error. Still same (Unmountable) message but now the drive with the error no longer appears when I got to try and add a second cache drive to the pool.

I tried a few suggestions here, like btrfs rescue but those were more shots in the dark and lazy troubleshooting. I'm attaching the diagnostics to see if I can get some insight into a fix. Additionally, the array continued to experience issues when rebooting. It woul dbe stuck unmounting an array drive and I would have to manually unmount it. A quick terminal check showed a docker image holding up the process. When I check the docker status, it showed stopped. Then I would manually run umount /dev/loop2 (where dock img is located) and the reboot would work.

beedoops-diagnostics-20240907-1315.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I am having the same issue as most people here. I suspect the culprit has something to do with the docker "Immich" as I recently configured it AND with nvidia GPU. Everything was fine uploading images to Immich via external libraries (via my shares) until I added a library with a huge amount of images. The method I was using was add a library > scan for new items > search for items NOT in an album > finds a few hundred, but I scroll down so it loads more so I can add more at a time, otherwise it would take forever adding them. It was during this process it all the dockers stopped

I have 2 x 2tb nvme's in a pool which I am using for my dockers. When the issue occurred, I noticed both of them said "Unmountable: Unsupported or no file system"

I checked the logs and it looks like both nvme0n1 and nvme2n1 has some corrupted files.

Sep 19 14:21:47 Tower kernel: BTRFS info (device nvme0n1p1): bdev /dev/nvme0n1p1 errs: wr 0, rd 0, flush 0, corrupt 111, gen 0
Sep 19 14:21:47 Tower kernel: BTRFS info (device nvme0n1p1): bdev /dev/nvme2n1p1 errs: wr 0, rd 0, flush 0, corrupt 75, gen 0

Also noticed form After reading through this forum, I'd thought I'd try out some of the suggestions:

I ran the following:

btrfs rescue zero-log /dev/nvme0n1p1

Output:

Clearing log on /dev/nvme0n1p1, previous log_root 1952935706624, level 0

I did the same for the other nvme:

btrfs rescue zero-log /dev/nvme2n1p1

Output:

Clearing log on /dev/nvme2n1p1, previous log_root 0, level 0

This mounted my drives again, however, only a quarter of my dockers would seem to start but not actually run.
If I stop the array again, and start it back up, both drives revert back to "Unmountable: Unsupported or no file system"

I tried removing immich after it "starts", but i just get "Execution Error". Plex is using Nvidia gpu for transcoding, but it was never an issue and have been using it for years. I noticed my docker page seems to have a spasm every 2 seconds as well as thought the whole page is refreshing.

I haven't tried unmounting and remounting so to speak as I'm not sure what effect that would have. 

Have attached my logs. I hope someone can help!

tower-diagnostics-20240919-1703.zip

Edited by Daburgers
2 hours ago, Daburgers said:

Have attached my logs. I hope someone can help!

Since btrfs is detecting data corruption on both devices, first thing I would recommend is to run memtest.

Then run btrfs rescue zero-log again, and if it mounts, backup what you can from the pool and then re-format.

22 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Since btrfs is detecting data corruption on both devices, first thing I would recommend is to run memtest.

Then run btrfs rescue zero-log again, and if it mounts, backup what you can from the pool and then re-format.

Thanks mate. I thought I'd kickoff the backup while I waited for a someone to reply and while the drives are currently able to mount, at least for now.

Will do a memtest as soon as its done and report back if anything is found. If not, I'll reformat.

Since I am just copying the contents of my appdata folder to one of my shares. Will it be as simple as copying and pasting it back in? appdata was all I had on those drives (plus some downloads which aren't important and will discard)

Edited by Daburgers