[Plugin] FolderView

5 minutes ago, Indi said:

The pentagon shape next to the container lock icon is always red for me and says the autostart order is wrong. Though I can never correct it, does clicking that icon do anything? 

If you make any change to the order (unlock first), save the changes (relock), then refresh the page, the lock should turn green. This is what sets the order of the autostart (the order that unRAID uses) to match what you're seeing on screen.

Edited by Mattaton

I had FolderView installed for a while and it was working great. I had to rebuild my cache pool today and my docker.img and now my folders are gone. If i click on the Add Folder button it does nothing. Any ideas on what to do here?

56 minutes ago, hermy65 said:

I had FolderView installed for a while and it was working great. I had to rebuild my cache pool today and my docker.img and now my folders are gone. If i click on the Add Folder button it does nothing. Any ideas on what to do here?

The folders are stored on the USB, so all the folder should be safe, if you want to check you can open /boot/config/plugins/folder.view/docker.json and see if your folders are there.
I didn't test the plugin without containers, so maybe something that renders the folder is missing.

If you post a screenshot of your browser console, I can be more specific.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Shibuya104 said:

How can I manage the actual Autostart order in unRAID while this plugin is installed?

I installed new apps and want to change their actual auto-start order. How can I do this?

You can unlock the folder order (padlock icon at the top) on the Docker page to reoder the folders. Within a folder's settings screen (click on a folder name to reach the settings screen), you can drag and drop to reorder the containers within the folder.

On the Docker page, after you change the order, the pentagon-shaped icon at the top may turn red indicating the order you see on the screen does not match the order for Dockerman (unRAID). To fix this, unlock the order on the Docker page, change the order of anything. Lock it. Unlock again, move the item back where desired, and relock. Refresh the page and the icon should be green.

Edited by Mattaton
On 5/15/2024 at 4:21 PM, Mattaton said:

You can unlock the folder order (padlock icon at the top) on the Docker page to reoder the folders. Within a folder's settings screen (click on a folder name to reach the settings screen), you can drag and drop to reorder the containers within the folder.

On the Docker page, after you change the order, the pentagon-shaped icon at the top may turn red indicating the order you see on the screen does not match the order for Dockerman (unRAID). To fix this, unlock the order on the Docker page, change the order of anything. Lock it. Unlock again, move the item back where desired, and relock. Refresh the page and the icon should be green.

Thanks!

Is it possible to have a docker app at the top of the start order, even when it's in the bottom folder? For the sound of it, it's not possible.

8 minutes ago, Shibuya104 said:

Thanks!

Is it possible to have a docker app at the top of the start order, even when it's in the bottom folder? For the sound of it, it's not possible.

Yeah that would be difficult. I mean, I guess you could edit the file that contains the order and ignore the icon being red. But the next time you changed the order on the docker page it would overwrite the file. 

I wouldn't if I were you. 😄

2 hours ago, Mattaton said:

Yeah that would be difficult. I mean, I guess you could edit the file that contains the order and ignore the icon being red. But the next time you changed the order on the docker page it would overwrite the file. 

I wouldn't if I were you. 😄

Alright, thanks again!

I tried to understand how this worked from the documentation, but couldn't quite grasp it. I got it set up now!

How do I get my folder to show a warning icon if all containers marked with autostart aren't running? I have a folder marked with 5 containers set to auto start and it has a green arrow showing 5/5 started. If I go to stop a container it still shows a green arrow but of 4/5. Is there a way to get this to be anything but a green indicator?

2 hours ago, vonzercroft said:

How do I get my folder to show a warning icon if all containers marked with autostart aren't running? I have a folder marked with 5 containers set to auto start and it has a green arrow showing 5/5 started. If I go to stop a container it still shows a green arrow but of 4/5. Is there a way to get this to be anything but a green indicator?

With custom CSS you can do it, if you want more functionality you can do it with JS.

3 hours ago, vonzercroft said:

I have custom CSS available. It has a lot of options in it, one of which is to change the play/stop icons based on autostart status.

See the readme on the repo for more info: https://github.com/Tyree/folder.view.custom.css 

2 hours ago, scolcipitato said:

With custom CSS you can do it, if you want more functionality you can do it with JS.

51 minutes ago, Mattaton said:

I have custom CSS available. It has a lot of options in it, one of which is to change the play/stop icons based on autostart status.

See the readme on the repo for more info: https://github.com/Tyree/folder.view.custom.css 

Thanks yall ill give the repo a reading.

47 minutes ago, vonzercroft said:

I did the install and after a reboot my dashboard 404s now can't hit any of the unraidip/main /dashboard etc

The plugin does not touch in any way default webui files, you can check the logs if you need help, but I doubt that it is caused by this plugin.

P.S. plugin and theme installation don't require a restart to take effect.

2 hours ago, sdballer said:

@scolcipitatoAre we ever going to get a FolderView for the Plugins Tab... It's dated!.... group, grid, etc.

Sadly, no.
Last time I checked in the plugins tab, there is no way to identify a plugin, so it is difficult to get the plugin to behave like the docker and vm tabs.

I just learned about this plugin a couple of weeks ago and I love it! Thanks for the time & effort to pick up the previous version (which I didn't know about) and make it functional again.

One request: Could you make it a bit more dark mode friendly? The popups are bright white when a dark theme is selected in the unraid config, and it's a bit... eye searing!

image.thumb.png.56c79fcb4bf65b8ecfde4d6e80e84b20.png

1 minute ago, Free Man said:

I just learned about this plugin a couple of weeks ago and I love it! Thanks for the time & effort to pick up the previous version (which I didn't know about) and make it functional again.

One request: Could you make it a bit more dark mode friendly? The popups are bright white when a dark theme is selected in the unraid config, and it's a bit... eye searing!

image.thumb.png.56c79fcb4bf65b8ecfde4d6e80e84b20.png

There are custom CSS available to use, you can use them or make your own, if you don't like the one available.

50 minutes ago, scolcipitato said:

There are custom CSS available to use, you can use them or make your own, if you don't like the one available.

I saw the ones posted by Mattaton & Hernandito (linked on the first page), which look pretty cool and are appreciated. Is there a list of others elsewhere in this thread that I missed (sorry, didn't read all of the previous 27 pages). Unfortunately, neither of those seem to impact the popups...

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Free Man said:

I saw the ones posted by Mattaton & Hernandito (linked on the first page), which look pretty cool and are appreciated. Is there a list of others elsewhere in this thread that I missed (sorry, didn't read all of the previous 27 pages). Unfortunately, neither of those seem to impact the popups...

Mine does, but be warned the graph area was very hard to target the size and keep it contained. It does some funky things, even on the vanilla version when the page is resized. I never could nail down a way to control it without breaking it. Such is the nature of trying to overcome built in styles with custom ones. 

Otherwise, the rest of the pop up is fully styled and customizable.

If you go to my GitHub page, there's some documentation and more documentation in the form of comments in the css files themselves. I have several styles to go along with the built in unRAID themes.

I also have a whole slew of commented variables in the heads of the css files where you can tweak lots of things without having to dig into the styles directly on your own.

Once again, more info on the GitHub page 

Also @Masterwishxstarted with the styles I did and further customized.

Have fun and enjoy! 😊

Edited by Mattaton
  • Like 1

One last question, I promise (for now, I hope... :D )

I like color, so I don't want the icons to desaturate. I made the edits as described in the docs to both 04-table.docker.css and 04-dash.dashboard.css as follows:

/*************************************************/
/* LOGO ICON HOVER EFFECTS - 
Disable for icons to be full color at all times */
/*************************************************/
/* Desaturate docker/vm container and folder icons, saturate on hover */
/* 
#docker_view .outer img {
  filter: saturate(0);
}
#docker_view .outer:hover img {
  filter: saturate(1);
}
*/

Yet they're still grey until I hover over them. What did I miss?

Ah ha!!!

It's not super clear to those of us who don't CSS all the time, but this works:

/* Desaturate docker container icons, saturate on hover */
/*
.folder-preview-wrapper img {
  filter: saturate(0);
}
*/
.folder-preview-wrapper:hover img {
  filter: saturate(1);
}

The saturate(false) needs to be disabled - the docs list both, as though both need to be commented out.
This is what I get for doing IT when I'm tired...

Thanks again!!