[Plugin] FolderView

I don't know what's wrong but the tool is a mess since a while. All of my Docker folders just disappeared after a change. Nothing I can do about it. All gone with all settings. I have a backup from a long time ago that does not help either.

The thing is I was about to fix everything manually now and after one change everything was gone again. What the hell is this? This is horrible.

1 hour ago, sasbro97 said:

I don't know what's wrong but the tool is a mess since a while. All of my Docker folders just disappeared after a change. Nothing I can do about it. All gone with all settings. I have a backup from a long time ago that does not help either.

The thing is I was about to fix everything manually now and after one change everything was gone again. What the hell is this? This is horrible.

I just experienced the same issue. All folders are suddenly gone. Luckily I at least have a screenshot that is semi recent to know what my folders looked like but I will still have to manually recreate all of them. Very frustrating.

3 hours ago, sasbro97 said:

2 hours ago, MarkR22 said:

I just experienced the same issue. All folders are suddenly gone. Luckily I at least have a screenshot that is semi recent to know what my folders looked like but I will still have to manually recreate all of them. Very frustrating.

Next request from @scolcipitato will likely be for a debug file:

To enable the debug mode you have to type 'debug' and you should see a download starting. If you have a problem you will likely be asked to submit that file, the file is specific to the tab that you are on.

If nothing happens, open the browser console and send a screenshot of that.

Which version of unRAID? Did you recently update unRAID or FolderView?

Also, just to make sure, you weren't originally using the old plugin, Docker Folders, and switched from unRAID 6.11.x to 6.12+?

4 hours ago, sasbro97 said:

2 hours ago, MarkR22 said:

Sorry, saw the message but couldn't reply, and then I forgot about it.

I need the debug file (first post for instructions) and because I think there is a problem with the plugin on the page itself, a screenshot of the browser console.

If I remember it correctly it happened when I renamed a container e.g from AdGuard-Home to just adguardhome. But it's kinda random. I'm also struggling a while already with checking the autostart of containers or especially folders. If you have 10 folders with 100 containers and select all for example, somehow only a few were selected. And after selecting them again the others ones are gone. It seems like it wasn't saving the previous ones.

I would like to help but I'm on vacation now. And I'm also very scared to do this manually again now and lose everything again (I know I should do a backup again).

Is there any way to automize creating a backup with user scripts? I guess it would make sense for everybody.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've just woken up and seen an issue with my docker and I think its related to folder view??

Nearly all of my containers name have gone white and unclickable. And if I try to update through folder, I get that error in the 2nd photo.

Am unable to update containers at all

Any experience with something like this? My containers are still running fine.

image.png

image.png

Edited by Sebby
added info
20 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

It's not issue with Folder View, you should check your flash drive for config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user where container template xml files

image.thumb.png.fd163b6832f975de3ace86a68c4643c1.pngThese need to be deleted?

Or you mean they are based off that and now all my templates have been somehow deleted?

Edited by Sebby
3 hours ago, Sebby said:

image.thumb.png.fd163b6832f975de3ace86a68c4643c1.pngThese need to be deleted?

Or you mean they are based off that and now all my templates have been somehow deleted?

Fixed it. Just had to restore templates from my backups. Thanks for the help

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Sebby said:

Yes, there are all your xml templates, if they deleted you can't get to container templates. 

Sorry not mentioned that seems they deleted. 

• Like 1

I can recommend to write your own backup script with user scripts for the folder where the XML templates and everything regarding FolderView is saved. If your folder structure will be deleted you can restore it. That saved me.

33 minutes ago, sasbro97 said:

I can recommend to write your own backup script with user scripts for the folder where the XML templates and everything regarding FolderView is saved. If your folder structure will be deleted you can restore it. That saved me.

Sure, there is already exist backup script for flash drive that you can find I think in User Scipt topic... 

Having an issue where It won't let me create new folders. Every time I add it, it appears in the settings
image.thumb.png.93b1aaf6fbdefffe883f79cbbb37fba6.pngdocker (2).jsonBut not on the Docker Tab. I also can't see the Backup/Cloud one either. It started happening when installing the Nextcloud-AIO-Mastercontainer and used a regex to add all of them. I'm attaching my docker json

Edited by Exes
On 4/13/2024 at 2:56 PM, ProphetSe7en said:

I want the option to expand folders in the dashboard with a singel click. That`s what the smal arrows next to the folder used to do.

Gotcha. I'm pretty sure we've discussed this before when a user was trying to eliminate some clicks when opening the folders on the Dashboard. The pop-up menu is just the default unRAID interface's way of doing it. I would think some custom javascript, with some CSS sprinkled in to add in the arrow, could perhaps trigger the expand functionality without the pop-up menu.

Since @scolcipitato has given us the ability to add custom javascript and CSS, this is probably not something that will be baked into the FolderView plugin.

I'm pretty swamped at the moment or I'd give it a go. Maybe one of the smarties here can whip something up. 🙂 

Will this plugin get updated to support the autostart order? I use AppData Backup and run this every Monday, but every Monday my containers don't work and I have to restart them in the correct order. 

If I autocorrect the start order in unraid when using this plugin, it does nothing. So the plugin cleans up the UI, but causes more work in other areas on a weekly basis for me. 

2 minutes ago, Indi said:

Will this plugin get updated to support the autostart order? I use AppData Backup and run this every Monday, but every Monday my containers don't work and I have to restart them in the correct order. 

If I autocorrect the start order in unraid when using this plugin, it does nothing. So the plugin cleans up the UI, but causes more work in other areas on a weekly basis for me. 

The autostart is handled by unraid, not the plugin, the plugin enable and disable the autostart only from the webui.

7 minutes ago, Indi said:

I use AppData Backup along with FolderView and have no issues with containers auto-starting in correct order as intended.

11 minutes ago, scolcipitato said:

The autostart is handled by unraid, not the plugin, the plugin enable and disable the autostart only from the webui.

The pentagon shape next to the container lock icon is always red for me and says the autostart order is wrong. Though I can never correct it, does clicking that icon do anything? 

Just now, Indi said:

The pentagon shape next to the container lock icon is always red for me and says the autostart order is wrong. Though I can never correct it, does clicking that icon do anything? 

That icon is there to show you that what you see on your browser is not the real order of autostart.

Clicking it won't do anything.