[Plugin] FolderView

14 hours ago, Daniel15 said:

Is it possible to add support for LXC as well?

Sorry I forgot to respond, for implementing this I have to set up a test server as I can't risk messing something up on my main server. And most importantly I don't know if I can integrate on plugin pages, as I tried with User scripts with no luck.

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, hernandito said:

‘sorry to start w the obvious. How many or which containers have such long lists they flow off the page? Are we going crazy trying to solve for the exception of the rule? Sorry for lazy way out, but this would be even worse without our beloved FolderView.

First, I am DEFINITELY not slamming FolderView, so let's get that out of the way right up front. 😄 

Yep, you're right. Which is why I hadn't even noticed the problem until @Masterwishx pointed it out to me. I only have one container that even begins to test this issue. But, there are issues with the content warranting a smaller dynamic height when I have a hard height set as well. Say I have the box set at 356px, but the dynamic height is set to 250px. Which is what makes the border disappear under the box. I think I can just set a min-height on the tooltipster to fix the box being too small.

Hard heights makes the graph, ports, and volumes look nice, but it causes issues.

3 minutes ago, scolcipitato said:

I have no idea on what to do, I can give you the reference of what the JS is doing

https://api.jqueryui.com/tabs/#option-heightStyle, this set the height of the tabs, now the value is auto, you can try to set it to "content", if it helps I will change it to it, but from my tests it won't help much.

You can try with "fill", this might help if you set a height on the ".info-section".

But idk, you can play around with my code, especially with style related code.

Cool. I can look into it further, but for now I will just remove hard-coded heights until I can give it more time.

Thanks!!!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, hernandito said:

Also…. How useful is seeing that long list of items? I assume when you expand the folder, you will get all that info. What if there is code that parses out just the first 10 items in the list and puts a “more” tag at the end. 

I think overflow: auto is the perfect solution for the long lists without making the size of the whole box so large. But overflow: auto requires a hard-coded height on the box, and the dynamic height of tooltipster still looks at the content's height whether I hide it with overflow; auto or not. 

I THINK I can fix this by getting into overriding the height of the tooltipster, but there's a lot at play, so I have to be careful not to foul something else up in the process. 🙂

• Like 1
Just now, Masterwishx said:

Also the strange thing is this issue exist on containers without much ports: (height: 220px)

image.thumb.png.2f1e267f9578de26b4d94e9754c0924d.png

the click after it :

image.thumb.png.ee3c5192d3af04de8a515699bdef3daf.png

@Mattaton So its dynamically calculate not same height for bottom border for same container? 

You have to remove all heights set on those elements in the CSS. Those heights make things look good inside the box (for the most part), but since the heights can conflict with the dynamic height of the outer containing element, issues arise.

But yeah, I do notice some inconsistent behavior in clicking the same container more than once. I think it's just because the javascript calculates where the box should pop up according to exactly where you click. So, it's not always calculated the same.

1 minute ago, Mattaton said:

So, it's not always calculated the same.

OK ,but strange is i click right after first click without scrolling window ... 

13 minutes ago, scolcipitato said:

I can implement it, it shouldn't be an issue.

So we will wait it in next update , when you will have time for it  ...

36 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

OK ,but strange is i click right after first click without scrolling window ... 

So we will wait it in next update , when you will have time for it  ...

The wait is over, I don't have a container with that much port, so I can't test if it actually reduces the size of the box, you guys have to tell me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, scolcipitato said:

The wait is over, I don't have a container with that much port, so I can't test if it actually reduces the size of the box, you guys have to tell me.

Here's what it looks like on Crafty:

chin.png.f4fc4c3d32cca15ae9f21f03d20c1fd4.png

Much better, though there is a bit of a chin that I was originally trying to fix when I first started adding heights to the ports and volume mappings that conflicted with the dynamic heights.

Given the complications of changing it, I think the chin is something we can live with! 😄 

THANKS!

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

Found strange issue like same variables in dashboard overlayed with docker vars :

image.png.5b6b4c44380d19254f02257eb453e3a9.png

image.png.e0a18a68d21b6ac0c72a547ac16a1922.png

This is a problem with both dashboard and docker CSS files being loaded on the dashboard page. Should only load the dashboard CSS files. I'll get it sorted.

Thanks

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, sjtuross said:

Is there a way to disable the autostart order check feature? I want to keep the order of my folders and containers as I like and don't care whether it aligns to the actual auto start order. However, I don't want to see a red "autostart order" icon in the top-right toolbar.

You could hide the icon with CSS if you just don't want to see it. But you have to be careful reordering things on the docker page because that's what locks in the order and syncs the order you see with the actual load order.

9 minutes ago, dboris said:

Now I understand my issues ; I had the grey theme enabled.
I realised the "move dockers around" were moved on the side : 

image.png.41bf973d6b7bb4f0034105737446f3c7.png
You should put a warning on front page with supported themes.

Folder not appearing on other themes is not intended, and it is a bug, I can't replicate it, just tried with both Azure and Gray, my folders appear as intended. The autostart order button I didn't check with those two themes, so I will fix that.

On 10/7/2023 at 10:28 AM, dboris said:

Now I understand my issues ; I had the grey theme enabled.
I realised the "move dockers around" were moved on the side : 

image.png.41bf973d6b7bb4f0034105737446f3c7.png
You should put a warning on front page with supported themes.

I noticed the same thing when I was adapting my custom CSS files for the gray theme. BTW, I do have the gray theme styles available now: https://github.com/Tyree/folder.view.custom.css/tree/main/urgray-theme

Sounds like @scolcipitato is on top of the autostart-order-synced icon for the Gray and Azure themes. 🙂 

On 10/5/2023 at 9:14 PM, sjtuross said:

Is there a way to disable the autostart order check feature? I want to keep the order of my folders and containers as I like and don't care whether it aligns to the actual auto start order. However, I don't want to see a red "autostart order" icon in the top-right toolbar.

This CSS should hide the autostart check icon (untested - but should work):

#menu .nav-item.AutostartOrder {
display: none;
}

I got once again the case where my folders disappeared after I made a change on a Folderview.

I still have no idea on what caused the issue.
I realised that typing "debug", only works when the plugin works ; after facing the bug I tried typing it, no results.

Then I clicked previous page on my browser, validated, hopping to recover my settings ; itcreated an empty folder and all my previous folders were gone. I typed debug again and this time it worked.
So I'm a bit annoyed of loosing my groups everytime ah ah ah.

Which file could I back up to manually save my settings, so I can still use FolderView, and experiment to try to identify what cause that bug ?

edit: I had already uninstalled the previous plugin.

debug-DOCKER (1).json

Edited by dboris
1 minute ago, dboris said:

I got once again the case where my folders disappeared after I made a change on a Folderview.

I still have no idea on what caused the issue.
I realised that typing "debug", only works when the plugin works ; after facing the bug I tried typing it, no results.

Then I clicked previous page on my browser, validated, hopping to recover my settings ; itcreated an empty folder and all my previous folders were gone. I typed debug again and this time it worked.
So I'm a bit annoyed of loosing my groups everytime ah ah ah.

Which file could I back up to manually save my settings, so I can still use FolderView, and experiment to try to identify what cause that bug ?

The configs are located in /boot/config/plugins/folder.view.

If you encounter the bug again, you need to open the browser console and send a screenshot of that.

There was a similar case to this, check if you have uninstalled the old plugin (docker.folder).

For reference, this is the error you will likely encounter if this is the case.