Some files to not appear in SMB share

Hello,

I am seeing an issue where if I browse a share in the WebUI, some folders show many more files and folders than I am able to see in the SMB share.

I am not really at liberty to share these filenames as they contain PII.

What do I need to do to resolve this issue? I'm not sure if its filesystem corruption, as they do appear in the WebUI, or if it is a bug with SMB itself.

Thank you

Use the Linux   ls    command to look at the directory/file structure and names of both files and directories in the vicinity of the missing files.

The command would be used the GUI Terminal Window and looks like this

ls -al /{path-to-directory} 

This is the output looking at all of the User Shares on one of my servers: 

image.png.0bba47a3c5b6c1c79474228df5035fff.png

When you  get down to the tree to where you have missing files, first verify that you don't have two directories with names like this:

Stuff

stuff

The problem with this situation is that Linux is case sensitive and Windows is not.  Thus, Linux will see two directories and Windows will only 'see' the first one it finds. Any files in the second will never be listed(/found) by Windows. 

EDIT:  The shell that is used by the GUI Terminal has a built-in command line editor.  <up-arrow>  and <down-arrow> will move up and down previously used command.  <right-arrow> and <left-arrow> will position the cursor within the command line for editing.  This will save a lot of time...

Edited by Frank1940