Getting PHP errors in docker settings page after downgrade from 6.12.x to 6.11.5

Go to solution Solved by VicePrez,

Hello!

Hope someone can help me through this issue I've been having. Can't seem to find the root cause after searching online and through my logs.

Background:

I recently downgraded from 6.12.x to 6.11.5 due to stability issues, I've been stable on 6.11.5 for quite some time and the recent upgrade to 6.12.x had me crashing at least once a week or so.

What I noticed after the downgrade:

I followed the official docs on downgrading to an earlier version, and noticed that my docker containers weren't running after a clean reboot. Took a quick peak at the docker settings tab and noticed a number of PHP errors (see below).

What I've done thus far:

• Manual force update for each docker container - this fixed the issue with containers that weren't running
  • Several system reboots (php error still persists)
  • Deleted docker vdisk image, and reinstalled docker containers from templates (php error still persists)

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(694) : eval()'d code on line 57

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(694) : eval()'d code on line 57

php errors.png

Same errors after rebooting in safe mode (image: Safe mode - array not started), I did however notice that the last set of php errors are not showing up when the array hasn't started. Once started, its exactly like first picture i posted (image: Non-safe mode). Any other ideas?

Non-safe mode:

1336633336_phperrors.thumb.png.21003d3d2835dafa602ec33748301f49.png

Safe mode - array not started:

1557181626_phperrorssafemode.thumb.png.033b082ed2ebce989b28199a8c3641d0.png

Unfortunately that error is hard to determine on 6.11 what its from (far easier on 6.12 to figure that out)

but, it does appear that you *might* have memory issues (run Memtest from the boot menu) and the appdata plugin seems to run about twice a day for an hour or so and it does try and stop everything from running.

27 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You may find it easier to do a Manual downgrade.

Yep, tried that just now. Still the same issue.

Wondering if the php file that's spitting out those errors is a 6.12.x version (i.e. code thats not backwards compatible with 6.11.5)

For reference:

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php

30 minutes ago, VicePrez said:

Yep, tried that just now. Still the same issue.

Wondering if the php file that's spitting out those errors is a 6.12.x version (i.e. code thats not backwards compatible with 6.11.5)

For reference:

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php

that would not be the culprit as it comes from the bz* type files that are on the flash.     The only thing I could think of that could be 6.12.x specific would be code installed by a plugin but you say you get the same problem when booting in Safe Mode which avoids loading plugins.

3 hours ago, itimpi said:

that would not be the culprit as it comes from the bz* type files that are on the flash.     The only thing I could think of that could be 6.12.x specific would be code installed by a plugin but you say you get the same problem when booting in Safe Mode which avoids loading plugins.

Correct - was getting the same error even in safe mode. Was looking through some other threads, some were related to network changes. The only thing i can think of is changing ports on my switch from one sfp port to another. Coincidently it was also around the same time i downgraded, so not sure which event caused what.

EDIT:

This thread specifically:

Edited by VicePrez
Adding link
19 hours ago, Lolight said:

It's usually recommended to complete at least 4 passes.

It's not common but sometimes a problematic stick configuration would run fine for a couple of passes but then fail on the 3rd or even 4th pass.

Yea absolutely, I've seen recommendations anywhere between 2 and 8 passes. I am less inclined to think its memory related; the system has been stable for over 2 years and decided to go kaput after the 6.12.x upgrade. I can do another memtest run next weekend, time permitting. I'm running out of ideas as to what the cause is..